The Agony of Choice. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayukreizi View Post
Sounds very good Doc Holliday, I would love that. The only NS I could find were 900 which is like 1200$, PRICEY!

Thanks David, would you recommend me the Westmark? According to your review you were quite happy with the board? I could get the Westmark for 300.
I was happy enough with the Blacklist that I went out and bought one like 2 weeks later

I am not sure if this distinction will translate well: but, a lot of companies make "all mountain freestyle" boards, which in my opinion are all-mountain boards that have just enough versatility that you can enjoy riding them in the park, too. The Blacklist struck me as, kind of the "opposite", that is, a "freestyle all mountain" board. It's definitely a freestyle oriented board, but it's got enough versatility that you can take it just about anywhere outside the park, too.

So, if you ride hard in the park, or if you ride skate-style on the rest of the mountain, or if you do a little of everything, it's a solid choice.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds very good Doc Holliday, I would love that. The only NS I could find were 900 which is like 1200$, PRICEY!

Thanks David, would you recommend me the Westmark? According to your review you were quite happy with the board? I could get the Westmark for 300.
I sent you PM with that.
Doc. Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks Kung Martin, if I will go Libtech I will probably look into Skate Banana or TRS as it suits my style better.

I don't think I could settle for a pure freeride board. I enjoy jibs, butters and popping off anything way too much.

EDIT: After reading up on the Arbor Westmark, I am strongly leaning towards it. Sounds like an amazing board!
Hope you checked out the review video as it seems to put Skate Banana at the top of all the banana's. It's a real favourite. Plus it got good wood like a bunch of years in a row.

TRS is basically just a more stiff version of SB BTX.
KungMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Big thanks Doc. Holliday, but I went for the Westmark because of financial reasons and the board seems exactly what I was looking for. I saved the page though for my friends who are interested in the NS.
The only question I have right now is whether I should go 153 or 156
I am 5.83 ft and 175 pounds.
This board will be my all mountain lover 70% with slight park 30%.
Afraid that the 156 will be slightly too big and not playful enough for me, after all I rode a 148cm JibStick with RETT system for the bigger part of the last season on icy All Mtn and Pow.

Last edited by Ayukreizi; 11-07-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Ayukreizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Big thanks Doc. Holliday, but I went for the Westmark because of financial reasons and the board seems exactly what I was looking for. I saved the page though for my friends who are interested in the NS.
The only question I have right now is whether I should go 153 or 156
I am 5.83 ft and 175 pounds.
This board will be my all mountain lover 70% with slight park 30%.
Afraid that the 156 will be slightly too big and not playful enough for me, after all I rode a 148cm JibStick with RETT system for the bigger part of the last season on icy All Mtn and Pow.
No problem, just trying to help and i've made mistake, i contacted this distributor and they can't send this boards to another country, this is the rule from Never Summer.
Doc. Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote