Need some help with buying my new setup - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #61 (permalink)

well it's gonna be kinda hard for me since im not experienced enough i think, didn't have many boards before to compare them with dice now.
maybe if i read other reviews i will be able to write something, otherwise i could only speak about the quality of board etc.

will think about it, for now i just hope that boots will fit good !
bpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #62 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpowder View Post
well it's gonna be kinda hard for me since im not experienced enough i think, didn't have many boards before to compare them with dice now.
maybe if i read other reviews i will be able to write something, otherwise i could only speak about the quality of board etc.
A lot of people think this, but your thoughts are every bit as valid as somebody who's been boarding for 20 years... Get on it for 5-10 days and then write your thoughts, even if it's not tehnical you know what you're looking for in a board, write what you were looking for, and whether or not this meets your needs!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #63 (permalink)

hi ! parcel came today, everything is perfect, including boots
but now i need some serious help since i have no idea if i'm doing things right.. it's the first time i'm setting bindings up

here are some photos, hope they are good enough :

my boots size is 14
hell hoop and hell piece is moved back to maximum. i read that back of the baseplate shouldn't be out of the board, but it can be a bit on the front

anyway it's not symetric at all, should i move my bindings one/two screws down? i think it's the main problem for now, but maybe you will find something else wrong as well
Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
hi ! parcel came today, everything is perfect, including boots
but now i need some serious help since i have no idea if i'm doing things right.. it's the first time i'm setting bindings up

here are some photos, hope they are good enough :

my boots size is 14
hell hoop and hell piece is moved back to maximum. i read that back of the baseplate shouldn't be out of the board, but it can be a bit on the front

anyway it's not symetric at all, should i move my bindings one/two screws down? i think it's the main problem for now, but maybe you will find something else wrong as well
Impossible to tell from the pictures - just loosely putting the boots in the bindings is pointless. What matters is that the boots are centered across the board (bindings don't really matter) when you are wearing them, i.e., when you are strapped in.
Either wear the boots for the pictures and strap in or at least tighten both the boots and straps.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #65 (permalink)

both boots and straps are tighten on the first picture actually
anyway i will move bindings one screw down, wear the boots and try to make some better photos later

in short, boots should be symetrical to the board, but can pedals go over the front/back edge? on the last photo gas pedal is going a bit over the edge, is it right or should i move it back a bit? is there any rule for this?
Old 01-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #66 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Is the ankle strap already at it's max adjustment? It seems like you're only engaging about 5 teeth which probably won't be enough on the hill. I'd try to get that strap centred on both sides of the boot if possible.

Yeah you don't really want to toe or heel of the baseplate/gas pedal hanging over the edge.

Wiredsport has a good writeup somewhere of binding adjustment. Basically you want to strap in a laced up boot, then get the board on each edge and check the angle it'll reach before the toe or heel hits. Make adjustments until those angles are as close to equal as possible.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #67 (permalink)

ok i made some adjustments.. moved bindings one screw back, adjusted ankle straps as pou said, adjusted forward lean and made some highbacks rotation (not sure if i need it)
boots are almost perfect centered, it's going over the edge like 2.5 - 3 cm on both toe and heel and gas pedals are not going over the egde anymore

all photos are made while wearing boots, hope they are good now :

what you guys think?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #68 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
what you guys think?
Looks about right to me... Now GET OUT THERE AND RIDE IT! Adjust as necessary.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Looks about right to me... Now GET OUT THERE AND RIDE IT! Adjust as necessary.
next saturday thanks for help !
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
next saturday thanks for help !
hey where u got the volkl from? trying to buy a coal xt mind sharing ur website?
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote