Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   K2 slayblade or turbo dream (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50880-k2-slayblade-turbo-dream.html)

WoodsBar 11-05-2012 02:49 PM

K2 slayblade or turbo dream

I would like to know what u guys think about the k2 slayblade, is it good for a intermediate rider?? im from Brazil nd since theres no snow here i only get to ride when i go to chile or europe. I would say that im a intermediate rider since ive been to chile a couple of times and i lived in the us for a year in north carolina.
I ride pretty much everything from park to powder and im tired of renting shitty boards for a really high price here in south america. My options are limited by the sellers from ebay that ship to brazil ... Im 6,1(1m86) and weight 195lb.
thanks!

hikeswithdogs 11-05-2012 03:10 PM

Love the TurboDream myself but the Slayblade will be better unless you ride ALLOT of powder.

just my .02$ good luck

djjimmyhat 11-05-2012 04:25 PM

I would also say go for the Slayblade.

woodhomie1996 11-05-2012 04:40 PM

I haven't had the chance to ride the Turbo Dream but when I rode the Slayblade I loved it.

Basti 11-06-2012 03:21 AM

If you really ride everything, go with the Turbo Dream. The Slayblade will be too freeride oriented.

mb889 11-06-2012 09:44 AM

I agree with Basti. I was in between these two boards as well. I went the Turbo Dream and I am really happy with it. If you really do ride everything it's hard to go wrong with it.

hikeswithdogs 11-06-2012 10:38 AM

The year the Slayblade came out it won the triple crown of snowboard reviews, with that said I ride a 2010 TurboDream and honestly the board is so epic in the deep snow and trees I see no reason to replace it as long as I spend winters in Utah.

When others are sinking in and slowing down I'm floating ontop with my 157wide(and I weight 200lbs) but if I was still spending winters in the Midwest I'd be on a Slayblade but then again I don't play in the park or anything like that requiring board flex so that may be an issue....I rode Burton T6's for years so even the Slayblade was heavy and soft compared to one of those.

Listheeb21 11-10-2012 11:58 AM

Is the Slayblade not suited well for powder? I saw one on sale and was thinking of grabbing it to replace my Ride Timeless and Yukon as an everyday board.

peaceful 11-10-2012 03:47 PM

idk how big price is a factor for you, but I was about to find a K2 Turbo Dream from last season for under 289 im not sure if that is that great of a discount to you but i pulled the trigger

won't be riding it until xmas but the harshmellow is a cool tech, and the graphics are awesome

hikeswithdogs 11-10-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peaceful (Post 537381)
idk how big price is a factor for you, but I was about to find a K2 Turbo Dream from last season for under 289 im not sure if that is that great of a discount to you but i pulled the trigger

won't be riding it until xmas but the harshmellow is a cool tech, and the graphics are awesome

That's a good deal

The Slaybpade is great for powder it's just that the Turbodreams camber and shape is more "powder board like" that the Slaybpade which I believe is more freeride/all mountain.