ROME Mod Rocker - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

Hahaha! It does matter. I want it to ride the way I like and LOOK the way I like, just as if I was buying a car. Haha!

I haven't checked out the agent but I will now. Is it more of a park board?
GetFit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Mainly park, but it holds it's own anywhere else. More so bombing it then in pow, but it still ain't too shabby in pow. All around great board geared toward park.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Agent is directional, but only slightly so. You can't even tell. My last board was an Agent. Loved it. Still love it. I plan to ride it on the harder days or days when I know I'm not going to be in the park as much.

It's a cambered board, great for freeriding and playing all over the mountain, park included. If you want a little more play size down a bit. I'm 5'11" and ride a 158 and its just about perfect for me. It's fast too. Grease this sucker up and you're GONE. Can't say enough about the Agent.

Stiffer than the Mod Rocker, but only by a little bit. This board will carve, jib, jump, butter and then make you a cup of tea at the end of the day.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

Checked it out-nice board but still a bi out of price range. Really still going back and forth between the 2012 mod rocker and the 2012 artifact rocker.

Sucks, I'm only 5'5 but weighting 180-182 right now so I was hoping to play on a 152-154 but with the weight I may have to jump up to a bigger board which I usually prefer more short.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #25 (permalink)

The agent is more than the mod rocker? Where are you seeing these prices? You should be able to find the agent for around the same price as the mod rocker, if not a bit lower. (Althought I think I saw the 11-12 mod rocker going for what...$250, $280 nowadays?)

Maybe look into wide boards? Whats your foot size? (They make an Agent Wide I believe...could be wrong. I know for a fact they make an Agent Rocker Wide, which is also something to consider...basically the same board as the Mod Rocker).
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ski, Snowboard, Wakeboard, Skateboard & the Freshest Clothes | evo

Agents were $510
Mod rocker $283
Artifact $190

I wear a 10 boot

My buddy said if I get a wide board ill loose control and power over my edge.. Otherwise they have an artifact wide152 which actually is fine up to I believe 185lbs
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For what it's worth.

http://easyloungin.com/forum/topic.php?id=5290&page=14

One of the guys on there LOVES his mod rocker.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why is someone comparing the Draft to the Mod Rocker? That's two entirely different boards that are no where on the same level.

The MOd rocker is one of those hard charging do what you want but still have fun on it decks. It's a true all mountain freestyle slayer and for what you're looking to do I'd say get it and be stoked.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

I love what I hear about the mod rocker. And definitely would be great for all riding obviously. But when my MAIN focus is park and a litttttle occasional runs here and there just to warm up or if the fiancÚ comes (rare, thank god) what you guys honestly recommend? The artifact rocker or the mod-rocker?

I know I'm being annoying and goin back an forth but between the different responses here, friends opinions, and I guy at a local shop I talked to, everyone has a different opinion.

I want to maximize my park skill this season and some make me feel the artifact would allow that better but still be good enough on its edges to do some quick runs down the mountain.

Other part of me gets the vibe the mod will be decent in the park but still old enough to have some fun, but more so going to really feel the benefits of it on the slopes opposed to the park..,

I'm too indecisive haha, sorry guys but really appreciate everyone's time and help.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're jibbing a shit ton more for sure go Artifact but if you're a jumper Mod or Agent might be up there and if you're looking for a middle ground either the Reverb Rocker or Factory Rocker.