ROME Mod Rocker - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Solid board. Kind of a do it all besides pow board. Meduim stiff and good pop for rocker. Stable for a rocker too. Pretty much it's the Mod.....but rocker and a little softer. Sill good pop and stability, but with the benefits of rocker. Really a park/freeride board. I've got the 2012 Mod. Solid board. Haven't ridden it yet, but know it's gonna be the last board I'll buy for the next five years. It's sorta like BA and the Draft for me and the Mod. The Draft is another board similar to this to look at. Same characteristics. Just might be better in pow.
How can you fucking possibly give anyone information on a board that you own but haven't ridden yet ?
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFit13 View Post
I love what I hear about the mod rocker. And definitely would be great for all riding obviously. But when my MAIN focus is park and a litttttle occasional runs here and there just to warm up or if the fiancÚ comes (rare, thank god) what you guys honestly recommend? The artifact rocker or the mod-rocker?

I know I'm being annoying and goin back an forth but between the different responses here, friends opinions, and I guy at a local shop I talked to, everyone has a different opinion.

I want to maximize my park skill this season and some make me feel the artifact would allow that better but still be good enough on its edges to do some quick runs down the mountain.

Other part of me gets the vibe the mod will be decent in the park but still old enough to have some fun, but more so going to really feel the benefits of it on the slopes opposed to the park..,

I'm too indecisive haha, sorry guys but really appreciate everyone's time and help.
I'd say go with the Mod Rocker. Honestly, any of the boards you are interested in will be able to perform WHEREVER you want them to with your style and level of riding. Albeit I know less about the Artifact, but considering you've found a 11-12 Mod Rocker for $280 you really cant't go wrong. Again, it's one of Rome's BEST boards they make.

I think the poster two or three posts above me said it right - unless your planning on being a total jib monkey, go with the Mod Rocker. The MR is still a very jibbable board but will still take you over the mountain better.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBF View Post
How can you fucking possibly give anyone information on a board that you own but haven't ridden yet ?
I've strapped in on it and felt it out. I also know quite a bit about the board. Also, if I know a shit ton about a board and have never ridden it and a kid rents one and rides it....that makes him more knowledgeable about the board. Nope. Definitely fucking doesn't. Have heard from people who have ridden it also. In fact your question is quite stupid. Are you implying no one knows anything about a board until they ride it? Cause the feel of the board is in the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Why is someone comparing the Draft to the Mod Rocker? That's two entirely different boards that are no where on the same level.

The MOd rocker is one of those hard charging do what you want but still have fun on it decks. It's a true all mountain freestyle slayer and for what you're looking to do I'd say get it and be stoked.
Yea, my mistake. Blacklist is what I meant. Always get those two messed up. Still have their differences obviously, but similar for what he would be using it for. At this point I'd just get the Mod Rocker though. Seems to be what you are looking for. The Artifact is a noodle jib board.

Last edited by ThunderChunky; 11-09-2012 at 08:33 PM.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Blacklist and Mod rocker two entirely different boards one run on them and you can tell. And yes hand flexing a board is so awesome to figure out the feel. Ride the product that's where the differences shine.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I've strapped in on it and felt it out. I also know quite a bit about the board. Also, if I know a shit ton about a board and have never ridden it and a kid rents one and rides it....that makes him more knowledgeable about the board. Nope. Definitely fucking doesn't. Have heard from people who have ridden it also. In fact your question is quite stupid. Are you implying no one knows anything about a board until they ride it? Cause the feel of the board is in the facts.

Yea, my mistake. Blacklist is what I meant. Always get those two messed up. Still have their differences obviously, but similar for what he would be using it for. At this point I'd just get the Mod Rocker though. Seems to be what you are looking for. The Artifact is a noodle jib board.
You only make sense to meth heads, window lickers, and stoners.

Put down the pipe, get sterilized, and don't waste the community's time mumbling that you've "heard" things about a board and "you know(by hand flexing/staring at while baked) you'll have for 5 years".

Some people actually need solid help and want information from someone who has ACTUALLY RIDDEN the deck.

Stop wildly spewing theoretical, know-it-all nonsense and wasting paragraphs on threads.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't get to worked up you might shit yourself and then your mom will have to come clean it up for you. Yes, how dare I give someone advice on a board I know about. Lets let you tell this person what to do. You seem to be much more helpful than me though. You do know what you're talking about. I mean hell. It's not like you just googled the board and posted the first link you say.....retard.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't get to worked up you might shit yourself and then your mom will have to come clean it up for you. Yes, how dare I give someone advice on a board I know about. Lets let you tell this person what to do. You seem to be much more helpful than me though. You do know what you're talking about. I mean hell. It's not like you just googled the board and posted the first link you say.....retard.

The most troubling and mind-numbing thing about you is you fail to see the error in the mindless nonsensical jibberish that you spew.

Keep up the good work captain "hand flex".

BTW, I just "thought about" purchasing a lib tech La nina mc.

I hand flexed it yesterday so I'm sure it's medium stiff and I "heard" that it's so bomber it will allow me to find unicorns and the MTX will hold a nice edge so I can get to the secret spot where the unicorns come out of a fountain.

Simply by looking at I could tell it's the greatest snowboard ever produced, and that i"m going to own it for the next 100 years.

In fact, just by thinking about it, I realize this board is so god damn sick that Lionshead lift at Vail is going to pop up outside my door with no lift line and 2 feet of fresh.

Damn, who knew hand flexing was the door that leads to all this?

It's a shame the condom broke or you wouldn't be around to enlighten the community with your wisdom..

Last edited by BFBF; 11-10-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #38 (permalink)

Ok, FINALLY made my decision. Rome artificact rocker. I feel that this board is going to be the most playful and still be able to accomplish anything I may wonder to besides jibbing. At least for this season w my budget, next year when I start heading out west ill get a serperate board for out of the park.

Only question left is, regular board, or wide?

The size chart shows that the reg is only for boots 7-9.

Wide 9+

I'm definitely a 10 but my buddy says ill be fine on a reg set up and the wide will kill my power over my edging.

Anyone have this board in the reg or wide w my size boot?

I'm 5'5 180lbs
GetFit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're fine on the regular I've ridden it numerous times with a 10.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #40 (permalink)

I ride the artifact and a lot people say it will never hold up outside the park. I actually found it to be amazing for groomers and some powder. But i traded with my friend who rides a custom x for a few runs and he barely held up on my board. So its all ability, snowboarding is 90% rider 10% board
Mattizhere is offline   Reply With Quote