ROME Mod Rocker - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFit13 View Post
Ok talked to a rep at EVO.com and he's saying that with me being 180 I'm fine on the 150 even though the board size chart says 170. He said they more so are saying that if I'm over 170 and trying to ride on powder, etc it'll be hard. He said that if I am 5'5 180 and want a strictly park board and maybe so a couple regular runs out of the day, 150 is the board to get. What you guys think?

He said the board isn't going to snap and since I'm 180 an athletic, not obese at 5'5 I will have no problem maneuvering the board and picking up speed on it.

Final opinions? Rome artifact rocker 150, or 153?
Not trying to be a smartass but the comment of being 180 athletic not obese is a really dumb assessment. 180 is 180. Do you think the board is going to check you BMI before you strap in?
JoeBuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #52 (permalink)

Notice how I didn't state that until 50 posts later.

Only reason I brough that up is because the tech on the phone told me if I was 180 and fat I'd have trouble maneuvering a smaller board by he said due to the fact that I'm heavier, but fit, a smaller board will be no problem for me to maneuver and ill be able to control the weight on my body over the smaller board opposed to being fat and not very agile.

That's just what he said-any ways for you park riders, what do you feel my best bet is, the 150 or the 153. Like I said its all rails and jumping, occasionally a couple runs where I'm just messing around doing presses down the hill but never really spending a day just going for speed through tree runs or doing anything I really need a larger board for. I jus want to make sure my weight won't affect me to negatively on the smaller board because as far as park goes I think the smaller board would be much more fun.

Just looking for some guidance.
GetFit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #53 (permalink)

Go with the 153, I'm 145 riding the artifact 150 and it was working fine, I just picked up a Ride Machete 152 for jumping and stuff i felt the 150 artifact was a little small and squirrelly at high speeds even for me at 5'9 145, so if I were you, being 180, I'd go with the 153.
sk8_choco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #54 (permalink)

Already ordered the 150 this morning. I think at my height ill be fine, and I not I have a 154 all mountain board that I can still use I just hate it for te park. It's stiff as hell. I paid 190 w delivery on a 2012 close out sale so if I'm not that happy w the smaller board, ill give it to my little bro haha.
GetFit13 is offline   Reply With Quote