ROME Mod Rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ROME Mod Rocker

Hey guys and girls, new to the board. Been Ridin the past several seasons very mildly and taking it easy. Had a back injury so I was being cautious. Feeling great, hit motocross hard again this season and now looking to get back hitting the park hard this winter.

Haven't been as serious as I've wanted to be the last several years so as far as following new products, etc i sort of fell off. When I rode hard an consistently the boards to have we're all burton, M3, k2, and forum for the most part. Now I see all these companies and choosing a new board is overwhelming haha.

When I ride I'm 90% of the time in the parks. I live in the Midwest and really besides the parks there really isn't much thrilling hills so ill hit a couple runs an carve a bit then spend the rest of my day in the parks, lots of jumping and rails.

I'm looking for a board that will be great for the park and definitely manageable when I do decide to go to some tree runs, etc.

Looking for a lot if pop and a lot I flex. Been layed off so I'm on a budget but still want to get the best bang for my buck.

Hat I've been looking at is a burton whammy bar that was recommended and also a Rome 2012 mod rocker. So far actually from what I've read I've starrted leanin more towards the Rome board. What are your guys thoughts who have ridden this board?

Also came across a good deal on a used libtech attack banana.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
GetFit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anyone with the Rome? Or at least ridden it?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Proto CT baby!
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Can't really say much about the burton or lib tech but Rome has really great boards. If I could I would ride solely rome. If you're hitting 90% par the mod would be good but you might also want to look into the artifact and the garage rocker. They are both mad flexy boards that can shred the park. I rode an artifact pos. camber for the last two seasons and loved it!

As for the lib tech, those are always good boards man so if you find a good deal I might suggest picking that up, the mange-traction is apparently awesome!

Burton, eh idk I've just never been a fan of their boards but they definitely do have solid technology.

In the end, I would definitely go with the rome, or the lib tech if you find a sweet deal.
sk8_choco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Proto CT seems to be a little out of price range for what I wanna spend right now.

Why the garage rocker or the artifact?

Maybe it's just the site I was looking at (Evo) but the artifacts biggest board was a 147. I'm like 5'5 but 184lbs I'm thinking that might be too small.

Saw the garage rocker for $150?!?

Now to me, I'm thinking the technology can't w up to par w the 2012 mod rocker that's like $285 but that's just me being dumb and thinking more expensive is better. So any help here would be awesome. Like I said I kinda fell off and don't know much about these boards new technology.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFit13 View Post
Proto CT seems to be a little out of price range for what I wanna spend right now.

Why the garage rocker or the artifact?

Maybe it's just the site I was looking at (Evo) but the artifacts biggest board was a 147. I'm like 5'5 but 184lbs I'm thinking that might be too small.

Saw the garage rocker for $150?!?

Now to me, I'm thinking the technology can't w up to par w the 2012 mod rocker that's like $285 but that's just me being dumb and thinking more expensive is better. So any help here would be awesome. Like I said I kinda fell off and don't know much about these boards new technology.
Well if you can find a good size for you maybe a 156 then they are great park boards seeing as how you said you do 90% park. The Mod is better for most other things but the Artifact absolutely kills it in the park. Just sort of a give/take, Mod better all around, artifact less all around, more park centered.
sk8_choco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice man ill look into it! Thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

I love all the votes for the Proto CT. It's a solid all round board that does everything well, but nothing great. And the people that are building a quiver including it? Wow. Only way I'd purchase a Proto, is if I was going one board quiver. Otherwise, there are better options for Park, Large Kickers, Big Mountain, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed my time on the Proto as a do it all board. But came away feeling everything it did was a B. Nothing excelled...
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
I love all the votes for the Proto CT. It's a solid all round board that does everything well, but nothing great. And the people that are building a quiver including it? Wow. Only way I'd purchase a Proto, is if I was going one board quiver. Otherwise, there are better options for Park, Large Kickers, Big Mountain, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed my time on the Proto as a do it all board. But came away feeling everything it did was a B. Nothing excelled...
Spot on man... Felt the same way... just sold my Proto CT from last season for that reason... just didn't do anything great, and I am not a one board quiver kinda dude-breh. Also am not a fan of flying-v type hybrid rocker. More of a rock-flat(or camber)-rock kinda guy. Makes a lot more sense and produces a much more natural board flex progression.
iNeedPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

So what do you two recommend?