Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Anyone gonna get C3BTX this winter??? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50895-anyone-gonna-get-c3btx-winter.html)

nip175 11-05-2012 09:13 PM

Anyone gonna get C3BTX this winter???

so lib has this new, c3btx, but its only on the jamie lynn CLASSIC.

anyone planning on getting this board this season? i like how its more camber than rocker. for me i think i'd rather have that than the c2. im not gonna buy one this season since i just got my lando phoenix base re-done end of last season. but maybe next year if i hear good things about them.

TorpedoVegas 11-05-2012 09:25 PM

I like the idea of it for sure. I'm like you though, I think I want to wait and see what they do with it next year and see what the reviews end up like.

24WERD 11-05-2012 09:41 PM

they have a limited release one called "hot-knife"

Hot Knife – Lib Tech

ETM 11-05-2012 09:53 PM

Looks great for carving.

nip175 11-05-2012 11:11 PM

yea thats why i want it, im not a huge fan of the c2 when it comes to groomers. not enough edge hold for me. i've blow multiple tires doin mach speed. dont get me wrong the c2btx is good, but its ability to hold a nice edge is not nearly as good as a camber board. other than that, it kills the mountain. i just can't wait to see how this c3 plays out and if it blows up next year. im not a huge fan of my magne traction either. i dont think its nearly as good as its hyped up to be. im hoping it will be better with the c3. guess we'll wait and see. but if anyone gets one i'd love to know how it rides, specially if you are comin off a c2btx

jchaison 11-06-2012 10:39 AM

nip175...do you find any issues with the C2 on groomers when you aren't at top speed? I'm not a "mach speed" rider (somewhere between cruising and bombing) and considering a C2 board (etiehr the Lib TRS or Gnu Riders Choice).

ttchad 11-06-2012 10:59 AM

Yes Finally! I enjoyed playing around on a NS heritage but hated the fore aft feeling on snowment. I also was not very confident on the C2 shape when it was time to pick up speed. I just had to buy one of these. It just may replace my Rome Agent. The agent has a bevel on the base which sucks for real hardpack but has plenty of pop! I hope the C3 does too!

Nolefan2011 11-06-2012 02:01 PM

Wow, that Hot Knife is basically a TRS with C3. Great idea. I personally wasn't a huge fan of C2 on a softer flexing board, because it got REALLY squarely.

C2 feels dialed on the Jamie Lynn and Travis Rice, but it was missing something on the TRS.

I have a feeling that Hot Knife could be a really sick board for people that wanted the play of the TRS, without the completely squireliness that goes with it.

jchaison 11-06-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 (Post 535133)
Wow, that Hot Knife is basically a TRS with C3. Great idea. I personally wasn't a huge fan of C2 on a softer flexing board, because it got REALLY squarely.

C2 feels dialed on the Jamie Lynn and Travis Rice, but it was missing something on the TRS.

I have a feeling that Hot Knife could be a really sick board for people that wanted the play of the TRS, without the completely squireliness that goes with it.

What's your experience on the TRS? How/when was it squirrely?

Nolefan2011 11-06-2012 03:25 PM

Hardpack, around March so it wasn't even that hard anymore. Morning it was. Fun board, don't get me wrong. But coming from a T Rice, it was pretty loose. The C3 might be a great solution for people looking for a more stable feel under foot.