wide board with size 11 that has shrinkage tech - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

they're not adjusted right because one is cap strapped , the other one is strapped over the top. but the boots are as far in as they can be, i pushed'em in as far as i could (without putting'em on)

also, i didnt "tie" the boots, so that's why the straps look so lose, and are showing too much teeth. i'm obviously gonna fix the cap strap problem before i use it this season.

i'll tie the boots and strap everything properly tomorrow and take new pics

Last edited by KungMartin; 11-06-2012 at 07:15 PM.
KungMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your bindings are not setup correctly. The heel of your boot should be visible below the heel loop. Your heel isn't where it's supposed to be because your bindings are not correctly adjusted and why your 10.5 boots don't fit on your board.
DSC_0367.jpg
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungMartin View Post
i read that a 26 cm waist-width is recommended for a size 10.5+. a normal width banana is at 25,5, so wouldn't have been enough, according to what i read. i'd rather have too wide than too slim
Very generally speaking, 26cm waist width is too wide for size 10.5 feet. Bigger boots will not make much (if any) difference at all - you effectively pressure/flex the board with your feet, not the boots.
It is a common misperception that too little overhang is preferable to too much. The opposite is the case for for pretty much everybody but the most hardcore Eurocarver.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Very generally speaking, 26cm waist width is too wide for size 10.5 feet. Bigger boots will not make much (if any) difference at all - you effectively pressure/flex the board with your feet, not the boots.
It is a common misperception that too little overhang is preferable to too much. The opposite is the case for for pretty much everybody but the most hardcore Eurocarver.
i think that's subjective honestly. the snowboard site i got it from seem to know their thing.

but anyway, judging by this photo, does it really look like my board's too wide?

Oh, and @bseracka, I'll try to fix that problem and take a new photo.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

alright bseracka, i made a video for you here

tell me what you think!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

Hey Kung. The board width looks okay to me. From the pics and video, it seems like you have more toe overhang then heel. May need to adjust your bindings so your boots are more centered on the board's width. I have a Burton boot size US 10 with shrinkage. Another boot model US 11. I ride mid-wides and prefer them actually, so no problem. It's all riding style and preference. Go have fun, don't overthink it.

davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hey!

Well, I'm just trying to figure out why the heel isn't sticking out under the heelcup unless i press it down. maybe it's normal?

anyway, a guy told me to push the binding back about a centimeter or half a centimeter backwards, so that there's slightly more heel drag. do you agree?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungMartin View Post
so my board is basically too wide? fuck my life.

edit: i've researched a bit, and from what i gathered a size 10.5 + needs a 26cm waist-width, and my 156w is at 26.5 cm. so with my shrinkage tech boot i think a normal width would have been just on the line. i guess if my board feels too sluggish i'll just need to get a 10.5 without shrinkage tech, and i think i'll be okay.
I've ridden 250mm waists on a size 11 boot. You don't need 26, hardly anything is that wide unless you get a bigger board or a wide/midwide most boards areound the 156 length will be somewhere around 253-255 mm.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

After watching the video I can say two things:

1. Try adjusting your bindings back a bit. As the others said, your toe overhang is bigger than the heel side. That's not dramatic but it's better if you have them equal.

2. The pushing up problem with the boot might be because the boots are very wide for the bindings. I've seen that same thing with a pair of Burton boots and Ride Capo bindings. That is not a big problem though as you will push your boot down with your body weight when strapped in anyway. All that could happen is that you have a bit more wear. So don't worry about that too much.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

i listened to you guys and here's the new result

here are some angled pics

Last edited by KungMartin; 11-07-2012 at 01:35 PM.