Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Got my first Lib... (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50924-got-my-first-lib.html)

Schuber2_S 11-06-2012 05:36 PM

Got my first Lib...

Skate Banana Lib Tech

Scored a 2012 Lib Skate Banana today thanks to whiskeymilitia for $249.99...stoked.

What bindings should I pair with it? I kinda ride all over, but plan to mess around in the park more this year.

Bring the snow to the East Coast in 2013 please.

jdmccright 11-07-2012 08:52 AM

With a banana ride all over is a relative term, its a park rat board. I would put Formulas on it but that's just my opinion.

hktrdr 11-07-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmccright (Post 535413)
With a banana ride all over is a relative term, its a park rat board. I would put Formulas on it but that's just my opinion.

Sorry, but that is bullshit.

j.gnar 11-07-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 535445)
Sorry, but that is bullshit.

the only thing its good for outside the park is pow

walove 11-07-2012 01:09 PM

the skatebanana is a fun board all over the whole mountain and i've rode lots of big lines with it. its quick turning and good edge hold make it great for steep narrow stuff. Where i ride doesnt really have a park worth riding and my banana gets lots of use.

is it ideal for highspeed carving through bumpy snow, not really.

shralp 11-07-2012 02:16 PM

You can ride any snowboard on any terrain. The Skate Naner should be fun, especially in the park and pow.

I'd pair it with a pair of Union bindings, Contact Pros, Forces, Atlas. I've been riding Union for several years and they are really durable and comfortable.

ThunderChunky 11-07-2012 02:25 PM

Mainly a jib and pow board. Find bindings that are relative to that.

Triple8Sol 11-07-2012 06:00 PM

The Skate Banana is great for most intermediate riders, and the majority of East Coast terrain from what I've seen lol. Try some Flux DS30's

chad23 11-07-2012 06:06 PM

If you wanna be really different try some new switchback bindings. Just for a different look, plus you can customize the colors yourself.

timmytard 11-07-2012 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shralp (Post 535607)
You can ride any snowboard on any terrain. The Skate Naner should be fun, especially in the park and pow.

I'd pair it with a pair of Union bindings, Contact Pros, Forces, Atlas. I've been riding Union for several years and they are really durable and comfortable.

I agree, you can ride any board on any terrain.

I switched boards with a buddy who snapped his @ the binding of the nose.
We were way far out of bounds. That was about the only option other than walking in waist deep powder.
He rides regular, I ride goofy.
I just turned it around so the the break was @ the back.
Definitely not easy, but now I believe I could ride a 2x6 if I had to.

My 2x12 door header seems to ride alright.
Maybe I'll throw some binders on it for shits & giggles.

That's a powder nose if I ever seen one.:thumbsup:
I guess you could call that a tapered tail too?:laugh:

TT