Which board should I bring with me to Whistler? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which board should I bring with me to Whistler?

2012 157 T-rice or 2012 156 Custom flying V?

I have only ridden the T-rice three times here in the east coast and it was awesome on the hardpack, icy runs.

I have yet to ride the 2012 custom flying-v.

I used my retired 2010 Custom V-rocker last time I was out west and it was adequate.

Thanks

Last edited by zeeden; 11-06-2012 at 11:46 PM.
zeeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

T-rice, hands down.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've never ridden a T-Rice or the Custom Flying V, but I'd still pick the Rice.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

theyre basically the same board, same tech, sounds like you are just bragging about your boards.
nip175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip175 View Post
theyre basically the same board, same tech, sounds like you are just bragging about your boards.
Plus he could just bring both!
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip175 View Post
haha not trying to brag, maybe you're just being a hater. But all jokes aside, I bought the T. Rice last year and the custom was warranty replacement for my '10 custom.

One of the reasons I got the T. Rice is because of the magnetraction for icy days here in eastern Canada. My '10 custom used to wash out a lot on ice.

The T. Rice is a pretty stiff board, I liked my the '10 because of the playfulness of the rocker.

If they are both the same tech, do you suggest I sell my custom?

Last edited by zeeden; 11-07-2012 at 07:22 AM.
zeeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeden View Post
haha not trying to brag, maybe you're just being a hater. But all jokes aside, I bought the T. Rice last year and the custom was warranty replacement for my '10 custom.

One of the reasons I got the T. Rice is because of the magnetraction for icy days here in eastern Canada. My '10 custom used to wash out a lot on ice.

The T. Rice is a pretty stiff board, I liked my the '10 because of the playfulness of the rocker.

They're not the same tech.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeden View Post

hey, no hard feelings bro, but i am just an asshole.

i looked to make sure they were the same tech so i wasn't just talking out of my ass, because i "knew" the burton was the same but had to make sure. that being said i dont follow gear THAT much, mostly just lib because thats what i ride. not a fan boy, i just dont care enough to obsess over gear, like i usually.

what board to bring to whistler? depends what kind of rider you are. i was just in a thread where this kid claims he can't get his T Rice to float in pow! LOL! he was also from the east coast... which is hilarious because my buddy rides a skunk ape which is stiffer than a T Rice and we ride blackcomb for 7 hours and he has never complained about his board not being able to float. so needless to say that kid is not good. but judging by your boards, you should be a good rider. or else your just a poser who buys expensive shit, i told you i was an asshole. but if thats not the case, take the T Rice. unless you dont ride that aggressive, then maybe take the V. but why not just take both boards. clearly you are going to be riding more than 1 day, if you have two sick boards why wouldn't you want to ride both of them?

bottom line. hands down T Rice if you ride really aggressively, you'll want that extra stiffness.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
They're not the same tech.

dude, you are a SBF blogger and you dont know that the V and T Rice have the same hybrid rocker profile? and they both have "magne traction/frost bites" so how are they not the same tech?

LOL you should stop giving people advice, you dont know what you are talking about.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've never ridden the custom, but I own a Trice...I'd recommend both if possible, but if not maybe leaning towards the custom, b/c I think the flying V has a more pronounced rocker than the C2BTX. Plus the Trice is pretty stiff. The custom should be more fun to ride if you get lucky enough to get a nice dump while you're there. But again, both would be ideal.
JHeagz is offline   Reply With Quote