Triple Base im Coming - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Triple Base im Coming

Hi out there

I am from Switzerland and I am desperate to buy a new board. Im boarding since 18 Years and since 7 Years I am riding my Nitro Team loved it and had a lot of fun with it.
Right now TBT / Bataleon got my full attention. I could never try it, but I think I am going to be ok after a few days of learning to deal with it.

Riding style
Park: to older I get the more scared i get, but I am always in for some 360
Powder/Backcountry: I was last two years always like 3-4 days touring in the swiss alps with wonderfull powder, nevertheless I was fine with my freestyle board.
Jibbing: yes
Carving: when im bored, yes
Buttering: is the one thing I still try to perfect, to balance out the big airs I miss.

I am really not interessted to have multiple boards (also I can not really afford it, since the snowboard companies are letting us swiss guys bleed). And I always want to be ready for everything. Is it a rail or a powder session, etc.

So I was looking at the Bataleon boards and as far as I see it the Goliath or The Jam would be the right pick? PLEASE CORRECT ME.

I think I should pick a WIDE (US11-12) but I have to buy new boots also this year, cuz last year we had -32degrees celsius and my feet nearly fell off. Cuz my old deelux (7 years) are really destroyed

I am 88-90 kg and 186 cm tall.

So what do you think, which one will be my new baby?

Thanks for the support!

Last edited by ppan; 11-08-2012 at 01:59 AM.
ppan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Goliath is where my brain first went reading that. More similar to the Nitro Team is the ET. Both are great options. The Goliath has a more pronounced TBT zone and a consistent flex. The ET has a wider flat zone in the TBT and is a little softer between the feet and stiffer in the tips than the Goliath.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would go for the evil twin.. its quite the versatile, do anything and anywhere board. Love TBT tech, its just like cheating!
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Definitely go with the Goliath!

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't think TBT is "like cheating"...it'll keep you from falling as much but there are compromises to everything.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

I already thought that the Goliath would be the better choice. I was also looking at the evil twin, but I had some doubts regardnig the length.

My Nitro Team is 163 cm. And I was always thinking that going below 160 is not a good idea. How do you see that?

Goliath: 160W or the 163W
Jam would definately be the 161W
The Evil Twin comes with 159W ... I thought this would be to small , what do you think?

After your feedback I am really thinking that I will get the Goliath. now its the size which has to be cleared and then I will go and purchase it

I still have the ride contraband nitrane, will it also be a good binding on the goliath?

Last edited by ppan; 11-08-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well, Perfect .... now comes a buddy of mine, who bought a Board last year like this:

"Dude I dont know the TBT but since I have bought my Skate Banana, Snowboarding got on a different level".

So ..... should I reconsider my decision about Bataleon? Or should I ignore the reversed chamber?

In the 7 Years I was riding my old buddy, a lot has changed I did not follow the developments at all ... and now I am totaly lost in innovations

consider it a first world problem !!!! No seariousely ... it gives me a headache ...

I have already put my downhill bike into the basement, and the snow arrives slowly here and I am still without my board ...

Last edited by ppan; 11-08-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Every year, reverse camber is different. One would think it's evolution, but there's a noticable trend in reverse camber boards evolving back toward full camber (C3BTX...?).

I'd buy the Bataleon and just try my friends banana (snowboard). Check out the "TBT vs others" page for an analysis more than just "Dude...(it's) on a different level". Bataleon took my riding to a higher level, too.

I agree in not going the Evil Twin route. I rode mine in shin-knee deep pow last season and had a relatively tough time keeping the nose above. It's plenty stiff, but the small size combined with perfect asym shape (twin) didn't allow me to set my bindings back far enough for deeper snow.

as far as width, I wear a size 11 shoe (US) and ride standard width bataleon boards. Bataleon waists are slightly wider than most other brands, so the need for a "wide" is diminished.

Last edited by extra0; 11-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you like buttering, but still want to ride all mountain, get a Goliath, I have a Whatever, and it's SUPER fun anywhere. The Goliath is the awesome version of that.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
jza

Rode Bataleon Evil Twin 157 last year. I'm 6'4 220lbs. Great deck. If I am not riding a Nitro deck this year I will be back on another bataleon. Wanting to try out the airobic or the Fun.kink this year or the GW if the bank account is favorable enough.

I have size 12 ZF1's and had no problems with overhang and I ride a 22 or 23 inch stance. at 1 notch past 15 one below 15 on the back.

If you are wanting a Goliath and want to ride a wide board, go 157W if you dont want the extra cm in WW go with the 56 or 58. You don't need to be riding a 163. thats a massive board for your size.
jza is offline   Reply With Quote