Is this board new or used? Interesting issue - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Is this board new or used?
New 6 23.08%
Used 13 50.00%
Not totally sure 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My forum (yeah, I'm so cool) scallywag was new and had kinda the same stuff. It's gonna happen anyway on day one.

Wax it, ride it, REJOICE!

40% off seems like a killer deal.

It could have been floor demo'd. Where they mount the bindings maybe someone stands on it a coupla times, but hasn't hit the snow.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Humidity alone can rust edges.

Get out there with it, it's the perfect companion to the mystery. You will really like it.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Humidity alone can rust edges.

Get out there with it, it's the perfect companion to the mystery. You will really like it.
Humidity and oils from your skin can cause oxidation/rust like that. I've also seen shops mount bindings for display. The shop down the street had a board with bindings on it trying to promote a last years model with last years bindings as a package price. The shop sounds like they have been responsive to you so its doesn't seem like they are hiding anything. As far as rain, sometimes business logic is absent lol.. You got a hell of a deal bro so I'd deal with it if you love that board..
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Resident poet

So you didn't get to pop the cherry....oh well sloppy seconds...why give a shit if you got a board you like for a great price. You take it down 1 run and its the same. My question for the shop....is the standard warranty good from your date of sale?

I'd say its been rode/demo once, perhaps a return or gang banged in the shop. But I'd prefer a quality slut that knows her stuff and place, than a quivering sniveling hysterical drama cherry.....which kinds of sounds like the situation.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Suspicious point #1.) The board was not in plastic wrap, but came in its little zipper bag. All burton boards come in a plastic wrap, and some have the addition zipper bag. It did have the sales tags in the channel, price tag, and booklet attached.

In my experience, boards usually come in either a plastic sleeve or plastic wrap depending on the brand. None of my Burton boards have ever come in plastic shrink wrap. I've ordered 10+ Burton boards over the last few years from various retailers, inlcuding Sport Chalet, Darkside, Whiskey Militia, Tru Snow (Sierra), and Active Ride Shop.
koyota93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyota93 View Post
In my experience, boards usually come in either a plastic sleeve or plastic wrap depending on the brand. None of my Burton boards have ever come in plastic shrink wrap. I've ordered 10+ Burton boards over the last few years from various retailers, inlcuding Sport Chalet, Darkside, Whiskey Militia, Tru Snow (Sierra), and Active Ride Shop.
strange...i have only ordered 3 over the last year, but all came wrapped. I guess it can go either way..
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ask for some store credit and take what you get then rip that f'ing board until it breaks(not that hard with the alum honeycomb core) and mount it on your wall.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
rip that f'ing board until it breaks(not that hard with the alum honeycomb core) and mount it on your wall.
Thats the plan for both my boards.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

In all seriousness it all looks pretty normal. Edges are typically made of steel. Steel oxidizes. It doesn't need to be left outside in the rain or dipped in the Pacific Ocean for this to occur. Boards in shops are always taken out of the plastic at any core snowboard shop I've ever been to. Maybe you're used to shopping at a box store like Sports Authority or something. Scratches happen, but you got a significant discount because of it. It will look that way after a few days out on the hill and riding on your ski rack anyways.

You got a fantastic deal on a new board. Now go use it. /thread
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

got my A-Frame (Arbor) at $158. Was $ 300 on sale originally (700) , found scratches, a small dent on an edge and most of all binding marks on the top sheet, once I stepped out of the shop in the sun.

they agreed to 70% off = $158

Sweet deal. Get that Vaporizer!
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is online now   Reply With Quote