Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Broken Board!!! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50987-broken-board.html)

StrattonRider 11-08-2012 06:32 PM

Broken Board!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,
Today i was with my friend hitting a rail in my back yard. He asked to ride my board and after thinking about it i said said yes. He hit the corner of the rail and put a gouge in it. You can see the wood. I don't think it went into the wood though. I got my board a week ago. What should i do. Have my friend pay to get it repaired? See if there is any warranty on it? Get a new board?
Please Help!!!!

bseracka 11-08-2012 06:39 PM

There's no warranty for operator error. I'd see if you can get it base welded, it might hold for a while it might not. Your friend should pay for both the repair and the board if the repair fails.

PS: that's not a gouge, that's a hole through the base and your core is more than likely exposed

ShredLife 11-08-2012 06:44 PM

make sure its dry, fill it with ptex, keep an eye on it.

StrattonRider 11-08-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 536450)
There's no warranty for operator error. I'd see if you can get it base welded, it might hold for a while it might not. Your friend should pay for both the repair and the board if the repair fails.

PS: that's not a gouge, that's a hole through the base and your core is more than likely exposed

Thank you for the info and he said he would pay for the repair. Do you think i would be able to p tex it or does it need to be professionally done?

ShredLife 11-08-2012 06:47 PM

you could only weld it if you have a ptex gun, which you don't.

you can get a candle and drip er in there and it might hold, but it being on the edge and seeing as he has offered to pay for it i'd take it to a shop to get welded. shouldn't cost much anyhow.

bseracka 11-08-2012 06:47 PM

You can ptex it like Shred said. I'd go for a professional base weld since it's brand new. Either way make sure you let it dry and keep it dry before attempting a repair.

SkittlesRgood 11-08-2012 06:57 PM

you guys think ptex can repair that? I would have thought it would need to be patched.

linvillegorge 11-08-2012 07:03 PM

That board needs a base weld. If I was your buddy, I'd buy you a new board. It's the right thing to do IMO. He can take that one, get a base weld and keep it.

StrattonRider 11-08-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 536468)
That board needs a base weld. If I was your buddy, I'd buy you a new board. It's the right thing to do IMO. He can take that one, get a base weld and keep it.

The thing is i am 15 and so is he. It is kind of hard to just say hey instead of paying for a repair can you just buy me a new board. You know what i mean?

ShredLife 11-08-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 536468)

Aw man, umadbro.