Board Purchase Help! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

154-156...154 will be a little quicker.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Rooster King

longer board = faster

shorter board = easier to turn
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

Ok liking the Machete. What do I need to understand about the GT model? Is it just downright better at everything? Is it different? Is it overkill for me?
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Huge help. I knew this forum would be helpful! Sounds like maybe a Machete is a good call. Everyone recommending a stiff board for me makes sense, but at the same time I don't want to screw myself for when I AM in the terrain park.

I'm also one of "those" people that isn't too into buying the generic board...so a Burton Custom just doesn't sound like a fun purchase, even though I know it is what it is because it's good at what it is ha. Would love to find a board to satisfy my needs that is more boutique. Butttttt I know, I know...get the board that's best for me despite it's name.
Burton Custom is far from a generic board. Lots of them sold for sure, but many people have no business being on one or a Custom is the wrong board for them - however for you it actually sounds pretty much spot on. Definitely consider/check out the Custom (regular camber version, not the Flying V and probably not the Custom X either).
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Burton Custom is far from a generic board. Lots of them sold for sure, but many people have no business being on one or a Custom is the wrong board for them - however for you it actually sounds pretty much spot on. Definitely consider/check out the Custom (regular camber version, not the Flying V and probably not the Custom X either).
I think what bobby's saying is that a lot of people have them. No doubt it's a rad board though. I know what you mean about people buying the wrong board. I see a lot of people on custom X's that can't make turns.

Bobby, if you wanna get REALLY boutique, and still have fun in the park I'd check for a flat board from these companies.

Dinosaurs Will Die - Try the Genovese
Amazing company that's also owned by riders.

Dinosaurs Will Die 2013 Sean Genovese Pro 154 SNOW Boards Mens at Martini Northfield

Smokin LANE KNAACK - I'm having a hard time finding their website, that sucks, they're an awesome company who make their boards here and riders get a cut if you buy their pro model.

Smokin, I believe, uses magnatraction on all models, that could come in handy on the east coast.

If these are hard to find, I'd go capita outdoor living or midlife zero depending on your boot size.
Or a Signal, they make a flat I heard is dope.

[FULL DISCLOSURE: I have not ridden a flat camber board, but was interested in one for the same rider purposes you're looking for. The people I know who ride flat, are stoked on theirs. Just spreading the info...Good luck]

Last edited by phony_stark; 11-10-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: adding signal
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

hey so I had went into the store to check out the machete and was shown the Arbor Element which I realllllly like the look of, but wanted to pick your brains about if that would suit me as well as far as performance. If so, they have the RX in stock that I saw, but the board I've always ridden (k2 zeppelin) I believe is a camber board and I'm unsure about jumping ship, plus people here so far didn't think rocker was for me, but what do you think?
Almost time to bite the bullet!
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote