New Board: Never Summer Premier or Flow Solitude - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Board: Never Summer Premier or Flow Solitude

Looking to upgrade to a bigger freeride board. I'm 6'3" 230 so I'm thinking in the 165+ range. I'm a no-frills rider. Upper-mountain big lines, always searching for powder. After looking at the Ride Slackcountry, Burton Barracuda, Never Summer Premier, and the Flow Solitude, I think I've got it narrowed down to the latter two.

Any insight on these NS and Flow boards? I've heard nothing but good things about NS, plus they're American-made - which is a plus for me. Support the locals. If they're equals, the 2011-12 Solitude can be found online at a much cheaper price. It's my understanding that the NS boards are rarely, if ever, on sale.
kkrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have last years Premier 165 and I love it. Its a stiff responsive board. I am a big guy and it handles great with my weight. I am from the BC interior and rode a lot of powder days last year and found it to be flawless.

Fit and finish on these boards are awesome.
robjobetattoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

What bindings do you ride with the NS Premier? I had Burton Cartels on a board that was stolen a few years ago and have missed those bindings ever since. Considering getting a new set. Would they be stiff enough?
kkrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ride Lx but I have just purchased El Hefe's and will be using those this year. Burtons are a bit narrow for me.
robjobetattoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Keep in mind, the Solitude is a way different rocker than the NS, I know they tried to bring them closer with the new profile, but think flat with early rise more thatn actual camber between the feet.

I love the Flow though, at least the NEW Solitude, the older one was a bit washy with its full rocker.

The NS Premier is a great upper mtn ripper! Very stable, very damp, easy to go fast on. Quality, as has been mentioned, is off the chart!

I ride a Jones Flagship for those days, and I like it a lot, but the NS would have been the choice if the shop had one in the size I was after. Now, though, I won't give up my Jones for anything!
cc898 is offline   Reply With Quote