Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Snowboard suggestions? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51035-snowboard-suggestions.html)

protechjump 11-10-2012 04:02 PM

Snowboard suggestions?
 
Alright I've been riding a terrible sims board for the past 2 seasons and I'm now ready to ditch that stick and upgrade big time. I'm an expert snowboarder who does 10 metre cliff drops and can ride anything. Not much of a park rider; don't need a board for rails or boxes. I just go to the park to do the XL jumps every once in a while. I'm 5'9 and weigh 130 pounds. I have some boards in mind, but I won't list them because I want to see what you guys will suggest. My budget is 800. I need something that'll last. Directional or not, it doesn't matter. I need something in between freeride and freestyle. Kind of all mountain, but something that is perfect in all areas except rails and boxes; not mediocre in everything.
Thanks for you help

Edge 11-10-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protechjump (Post 537386)
Alright I've been riding a terrible sims board for the past 2 seasons and I'm now ready to ditch that stick and upgrade big time. I'm an expert snowboarder who does 10 metre cliff drops and can ride anything. Not much of a park rider; don't need a board for rails or boxes. I just go to the park to do the XL jumps every once in a while. I'm 5'9 and weigh 130 pounds. I have some boards in mind, but I won't list them because I want to see what you guys will suggest. My budget is 800. I need something that'll last. Directional or not, it doesn't matter. I need something in between freeride and freestyle. Kind of all mountain, but something that is perfect in all areas except rails and boxes; not mediocre in everything.
Thanks for you help

Expert snowboarders generally have more of a clue about boards.

You also put Burton and Never Summer in your tags, so what's the point in asking for recommendations if you've pretty much decided between two brands?

An "expert" snowboarder would also know that a board isn't "perfect in all areas except one." Might also mention the conditions that you most frequently ride in. 800 what? Pesos? Boards don't tend to last when you frequently throw them over "10 metre cliff drops."

:dunno:


Also, are you intending on going bindingless? If so, I recommend some of this and a hefty dose of luck: http://media.commsandsound.com/media...853502_CO1.jpg

BigmountainVMD 11-10-2012 05:44 PM

What are your feelings on riding switch?

DirtyD27 11-10-2012 05:47 PM

http://media.commsandsound.com/media...853502_CO1.jpg[/QUOTE]

Damn Edge I heard about this stuff. That's Scapa's new carbon injected, never slip binding tape. It's 110% bomb proof, freeze proof and gives you +50 shred cred. It's also edible in the event you get lost while split boarding in the uncharted. I'd totally rock that ish!:cheeky4:

Edge 11-10-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD27 (Post 537402)

Damn Edge I heard about this stuff. That's Scapa's new carbon injected, never slip binding tape. It's 110% bomb proof, freeze proof and gives you +50 shred cred. It's also edible in the event you get lost while split boarding in the uncharted. I'd totally rock that ish!:cheeky4:

I'm trying to get sponsored by em man. Imagining rocking this stuff in slopestyle. You'd win without doing jack shit. Pure steez.

protechjump 11-10-2012 06:05 PM

Sorry if I came off to be cocky. I'm new to this site. Here is what I've looked at so far: I've been looking at the Burton Custom x, Ride Highlife, Never summer heritage, K2 happy hour, and some other Burton's and Nitro's. I'm on this forum because I'm kind of shy and if I go to a shop and they recommend me something, I would be to shy to say no. That's why I ended up with a terrible sims board. Now, out of this list, anything look suitable for me? And if you have any other suggestions please don't hesitate to tell me.

BigmountainVMD 11-10-2012 06:25 PM

Where do you ride? And again, do you like to ride switch? Do you just hit jumps and cliffs straight air or are you throwing spins off them?

protechjump 11-10-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD (Post 537414)
Where do you ride? And again, do you like to ride switch? Do you just hit jumps and cliffs straight air or are you throwing spins off them?

I ride in Whistler and my local mountains (Grouse, Cypress) I don't ride switch often so directional isn't necessary. I do spins, grabs and the occasional grab, so I'm guessing the board should be light. Thanks for your help.

poutanen 11-10-2012 06:58 PM

If you're already in whistler why not have Prior build you a board? If you're a big mountain rider they've got some pretty good options...

Otherwise you can get in on my Virus snowboard group buy. I'm putting the order in ASAP! The cheapest option is the Avalanche which is a freeride board with quadraxial FG, carbon fibre, and will be built to the specs the owner wants. It'll be about $680 plus shipping and taxes.

I'm going for the Avalanche FLP AFT but it's going to be about $990 plus shipping and taxes.

protechjump 11-10-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 537420)
If you're already in whistler why not have Prior build you a board? If you're a big mountain rider they've got some pretty good options...

Otherwise you can get in on my Virus snowboard group buy. I'm putting the order in ASAP! The cheapest option is the Avalanche which is a freeride board with quadraxial FG, carbon fibre, and will be built to the specs the owner wants. It'll be about $680 plus shipping and taxes.

I'm going for the Avalanche FLP AFT but it's going to be about $990 plus shipping and taxes.

How do I get in on it? And how does it compare to the burton custom x 'cause it's the same price. Please tell me more. Thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2