Matty....I looked long and hard at the Riders Choice/TRS, but as someone who doesn't ride switch, I've been leaning towards a directional/directional twin board (NS Cobra/Heritage, Lib Phoenix/Gnu Billy Goat).
I have a billy goat 162 from a few years ago - 2010 I think
It's directional twin.
I briefly had a lando Phoenix with the Cobra on it and sold it.
Off the top of my head without looking at specs:
- BG is stiffer than the lando but not stiff torsionally.
- BG is much damper
- BG is quicker edge to edge due to waist width.
- Lando is best at straight lining
- MTX is pretty mellow on both.
- I rode the BG in a huge storm at Wolf creek and the float is excellent, it also excels in trees as it turns well in tight spots/
- BG shines off piste in variable terrain.
- Lando had more pop
- with any c2 board, you get to a speed point on groomed runs where they start to chatter.
I also have a jones mt twin 159 from LY
- MTX is a little more aggressive than the libs
- Its MUCH softer than the libs
- turns very fast short radius.
- not as damp as the libs.
- It's a fun, more mellow board that in my mind is a little more freestyle focused.
- It's also a directional twin.
- Libs are faster
- I only ride it on groomer/mellow /early season so I can't speak for off piste