Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Merry Christmas (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51040-merry-christmas.html)

DirtyD27 11-10-2012 09:18 PM

Merry Christmas

My wife and I just picked up a 2012 GNU Billy goat for our son for x-mas. I am going to have a hard time not acting like a little kid and grabbing him by the arm, sneaking him to our closet and showing it to him. Then making him promise to not tell mom. Currently he's riding a Burton TWC Standard. This is going to be such a huge upgrade for him I'm soooo STOKED! and it's still a month and a half away.

StrattonRider 11-10-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD27 (Post 537465)
My wife and I just picked up a 2012 GNU Billy goat for our son for x-mas. I am going to have a hard time not acting like a little kid and running and showing it to him. Currently he's riding a Burton TWC Standard. This is going to be such a huge upgrade for him I'm soooo STOKED! and it's still a month and a half away.

Thats awesome!! I Just got A GNU Pickle. How old is he?

DirtyD27 11-10-2012 09:21 PM

He just turned 16 this past April.

StrattonRider 11-10-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD27 (Post 537470)
He just turned 16 this past April.

I am turning 16 this april. My parents don't know anything about boards so i had to go to the store any show them what i wanted for christmas.

BigmountainVMD 11-10-2012 09:43 PM

I don't know what is more awesome... that you got your son a sick board, or that you are probably just as stoked about it as he is/will be.

slyder 11-10-2012 09:44 PM

Both my boys 15 & 16 are getting new boards now and they know it but it is their Christmas gift. We told them they need to act surprised when they open them.

Dirty not sure who will be more excited you or your boy hahahahaaa

DirtyD27 11-10-2012 09:59 PM

Awe man...We literally just got it home and I am drooling at the opportunity to show him. It's going to be a looooong month and a half.
Snowboarding is our thing. A passion that him and I both love and share. It gives us an opportunity to go away for a weekend and put all the weeks stresses behind us and just enjoy time together and the outdoors.

slyder 11-10-2012 10:07 PM

I can relate. Riding washes away my work week and I get to spend time with my 2 boys.
Wish the whole family rode but wife and daughter have ZERO interest and the family budget isn't there for 5 riders. Hard to support 3 riders. One boy now has a job to buy some of his own gear and that helps.

dopamean 11-10-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD (Post 537476)
I don't know what is more awesome... that you got your son a sick board, or that you are probably just as stoked about it as he is/will be.

:thumbsup:

volcom21d 11-10-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD27 (Post 537483)
Awe man...We literally just got it home and I am drooling at the opportunity to show him. It's going to be a looooong month and a half.
Snowboarding is our thing. A passion that him and I both love and share. It gives us an opportunity to go away for a weekend and put all the weeks stresses behind us and just enjoy time together and the outdoors.

where do you ride at? I live over in Yakima