boot size 12~12.5
I currently have a 170 cm NS Legacy I bought from the rental store when I learned a few seasons ago. I really like the board,but its time to move on to something more versatile.
I really enjoy riding riding through the trees and hauling ass through the groomers. I also really like hiking and riding backcountry but will look at getting a splitboard when those days make up a larger portion of my riding. I like to ride everything but the park. I do like to hit little natural jumps and drops but want to work up to bigger things. I need a do it all board because I travel a lot.
The boards I have been looking at are the
T, Rice Pro C2BTX 157 blunt and 161.5 pointy.
Jones All Mountain Twin wide 161
From talking to others on the forum I should be ok with boot drag on the T. Rice but I am pretty sure Ill need the wide Jones. Does the wide version effect the performance at all? Would the T. Rice 157 Blunt be ok with my weight in powder?
Looking at the Union Atlas Bindings
Any input is appreciated!!!
Hey just a quick heads up quickly
I had a 161.5 Rice 2 years ago and own the jones mt twin 159 from ly.
- jones is softer and easier to press... The TRICE is noticeably stiffer of the 2.
- MTX is more aggressive on the TRICE.
- Edge to edge Jones is faster due to WW and excels at short quick turns
- Pop is similar
- TRICE is a hell of alot faster.
- Rocker profiles are different( I prefer the jones).
- Both hold great edge in all conditions.
- TRICE is a true twin and jones is a directional twin
- both ride decent in powder.
- Both are considered all mt but the Jones is a little more freestyle capable due to it's softer flex.
- Jones could be different this year but I haven't looked at the specs.( I think it's now setback stance)
- I'd get rice if i was going to ride more aggressive lines, resort stuff jones.( I sold me rice due to WW as I wear a 9 boot) off the top of my head the WW on the 161.5 rice is 260 which should work for you.
That's all i can think of right now.. off to work.