water proof Stickers for your board (no brand) - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
What do you want a fucking picasso literally painted on your board? Or a picture of the NYSE on there?
I know you're joking about this, but if there was a snowboard with a Picasso AND a picture of the NYSE on it, that would be fucking awesome. I would buy it immediately and be the most sophisticated bastard on the mountain.
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I dont mean immature like I need a picasso, i mean immature like 90% are made to attract high school kids (and look like they are made by high school kids). Seriously they are pretty much all shit. 1 in 10 is good, the rest look like ass.

Trust me. I have owned a company which won national awards for design. I know shit when I see it, and its all pretty much shit. Having that that there are some that I would classify as "good" and a minor few as "great".

Chances are you are riding a board which looks like a big piece of shit.
Oh really, god of all things appealing to the eye, the board on the left is my "adult board" (board on the right is my park board/shit stick), please tell me why in your expert opinion why my board looks like a big piece of shit.

liveZ6nuRC.jpg

Also, in case you were wondering what a big piece of shit looked like, i took the liberty of finding one for you, there ya go.

So please, go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
I know you're joking about this, but if there was a snowboard with a Picasso AND a picture of the NYSE on it, that would be fucking awesome. I would buy it immediately and be the most sophisticated bastard on the mountain.
mmhmm, yes...quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Rooster King

well, they ARE stickers - so chances are it's best not to overthink it.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
you could always learn to skate without a stomp pad on - it will make you better.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I dont mean immature like I need a picasso, i mean immature like 90% are made to attract high school kids (and look like they are made by high school kids). Seriously they are pretty much all shit. 1 in 10 is good, the rest look like ass.
I gotta agree with this. The majority of boards to me look like they're designed to impress kids. Like pretty much everything from Lib Tech (amongst others). Looks like Ralph Wiggum ate one too many crayons and puked on the boards. See below:

I hate to sound like a fanboy but I think Burton has more "mature" graphics in general (on about half the boards). And Never Summer is decent too, usually with a single colour topsheet with a single graphic somewhere. Some of the Arbors look like true art too.

Overall I prefer to see the tech built into the board. My current T7 actually is clear in sections so you can see the core, and the rest of the design is meant to look like animal/tiger fur. Or the carbon fibre with simple logos on the Virus board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
Oh really, god of all things appealing to the eye, the board on the left is my "adult board" (board on the right is my park board/shit stick), please tell me why in your expert opinion why my board looks like a big piece of shit.
Actually your boards look less offensive than most.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

every company is guilty of making childish-looking boards, even burton (ala the restricted custom, restricted harvest and easy livin). lib also makes some awesome-looking decks. the new skate bananas and banana magic i consider a case in point.
pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Haha, dude just wants some decals and you jerks turn the thread into a design forum
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

i dont care about graphics but i love this desing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doa_1.jpg (112.8 KB, 48 views)
sxdaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
you could always learn to skate without a stomp pad on - it will make you better.
I did, years ago. It's still annoying when you're skating or traversing at high speed and the snow on top of your board starts to melt and get slippery. Still, I never get around to putting a stomp pad on.
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote