Salomon Man's Board - Length for me - Please help - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #61 (permalink)

the one looks very cool, comes in a nice 159 cm that could fit my 155 lbs frame...
however I only free ride and don't ride switch so I don't know if I need a true twin freestyle minded board
laxinchili is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinchili View Post
the one looks very cool, comes in a nice 159 cm that could fit my 155 lbs frame...
however I only free ride and don't ride switch so I don't know if I need a true twin freestyle minded board
All I do is freeride, & I thought the Jibsaw was awesome, it's a twin.

the one is more freeride than the jibsaw, it's directional twin.

I think that's the one, pull the trigger

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #63 (permalink)

Hahaha I happen to be at The store holding the krypto and the one As I type this... I def think I like the krypto more, and the 163 looks sweet with a suggested weight of 130-200+ (the 159 is 130-180)...
Don't know if I will pick up now...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #64 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yea... just because it looks cool and happens to come in a 159 is not sufficient reason to buy a board. I mean pretty much EVERY board comes in a 158 or 159... and obviously you shouldn't be picking stuff for looks.

You are know heading into boards that I have no personal experience with. I leave you to you window shopping... personally I think going to a store is worthless for a snowboard (boots and bindings yes). Unless you are expert... there is very little useful information you can get just by ogling/fondling a board. You need to take it out for a spin to really learn how she rides.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Yea... just because it looks cool and happens to come in a 159 is not sufficient reason to buy a board. I mean pretty much EVERY board comes in a 158 or 159... and obviously you shouldn't be picking stuff for looks.

You are know heading into boards that I have no personal experience with. I leave you to you window shopping... personally I think going to a store is worthless for a snowboard (boots and bindings yes). Unless you are expert... there is very little useful information you can get just by ogling/fondling a board. You need to take it out for a spin to really learn how she rides.
yeah I'm not about to drop $400+ on something unless I'm certain i want it
everyone is being so helpful and I seem to not know what I want lol (other than something more freeride minded)..

the guy @ this store really was selling me on the other type of profile, camber-rocker-camber and pointed me out to the GNU billygoat, saying it's the perfect PNW board and what I want...
It's on REI so I get cash back too... with this type of profile, should I be looking at a 159 or 162?? (thinking 159)
Old 11-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
yeah I'm not about to drop $400+ on something unless I'm certain i want it
everyone is being so helpful and I seem to not know what I want lol (other than something more freeride minded)..

the guy @ this store really was selling me on the other type of profile, camber-rocker-camber and pointed me out to the GNU billygoat, saying it's the perfect PNW board and what I want...
It's on REI so I get cash back too... with this type of profile, should I be looking at a 159 or 162?? (thinking 159)
Are you this easy to sell a car to as well? How about a bridge? we have this floating one that is perfect for the PNW.

All the Never Summers that we mentioned are also camber-rocker-camber.

Based on the weight range on the GNU website... 156cm Billy Goat for you... you can go longer if you want, but the recommended ranges appear to be a bit higher (I'm guessing the board is stiffer).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-14-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post

Uh..I have a bg 162

If you're 155lbs I'd skip out on the 162 and go 159 or below depending on where/what you ride.
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #68 (permalink)

so its down to the krypto/one and the billy goat... three stiff freeride boards with magne traction and two with opposite camber rocker profiles... a 100 dollar price difference... BG seems to be more stiff since i can get away with a 163 krypto (130-200+ lbs)/for the one (considering timmytard's comments about it being more forgiving) I am at the midpoint for 156 but feel like going for the 159

will try to read up on camber profile differences

edit: snagged up some last years Flow NXT-AT's on sale.... Before I stopped boarding I was about to pull the trigger on flow many times, this deal presented itself and I hopped on it... so exciteddddd... got my stiff flows and if I want softer, the spx pros

Last edited by laxinchili; 11-15-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #69 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I rode a buddy's BG last year and think you would be happy with it given you were looking at the man's board to start with. Tough to get a total hold on things in a single day and something didn't feel totally right for me.. but I chalk that up to riding it for one day and it also really being the first/only board with some of the new tech stuff I have ever ridden.

It was damp, and I felt it was a little easier for me to maneuver in some tight spots... I do think I had more stability at real high speeds on my man's board. Would love to ride it more.. would also love to get some time on a few of the NS and Arbors and get a feel for those.
SnowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #70 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
All of these nuances are important to consider. I simply feel that the loudest and most heard demographic on this forum is gonna add cm's above the median, even if I personally do ride a bit on the short side.
Hey snowklinger... I find kids like this guy all over this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany
I was riding 151 Evo at 190lbs..without problem all over the mountain. Its not about lenght:P
. Turns out, he's actually 160 lbs (not 190 lbs) and even he was looking for a longer board for freeriding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany
About my situation..I have Ns evo for park/allmountain but wanted something for hard charging ,groomers , resort powder,kickers,slackcountry maybe some backcountry.I found some boards that fits my needs but found really cheap brand new K2 gyrator with some limited graphic (see pics).
So my question is..Will shorter (158cm @ my 160lbs) directional powder board like gyrator do the job done for me?

Last edited by lonerider; 11-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.