Did I screw up on multiple issues for this board/bindings/boots combo? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Don't sweat it one bit, you are just fine. Even with experience, getting the gear that is just right for you takes time and failures.

For a beginner, all that shit is irrelevant, just go out there and have some fun!

You may find you like a longer board later, don't even trip on that board length it's fine.
^^^Agree. Don't worry about it starting out.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My boy who is about 140-145 started on a 148 hand me down bend like a rubber band board.

After the season was over he did change to a 152 Flow Era I picked out for him.

You'll be fine. Turn it into a jib/park board when you upgraydd.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungMartin View Post
i hate to break it to you, but 151 is too short for your weight. you should be at at least 154. 156 would have been your best bet. UNLESS you plan to only run in the park and jibb.

then again considering your length it probably won't be as big a problem aa for someone with your weight and 5'11 (178cm)+. but length plays a very minimal role.

i wanted to be as nice as possible about this, but it will help you more if i'm honest.

:/

hope you can sort it out!
Don't listen to this clown. He likes to dispense 'advice' despite not knowing what he is talking about.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Don't listen to this clown. He likes to dispense 'advice' despite not knowing what he is talking about.
and who are you? and why are you so butt hurt? still butthurt about the binding thread? every piece of advice i've dispensed so far have been on subjects i do have experience and knowledge from.

just the fact that you're trying to prove me wrong adds to the naivete of your post. you're basically letting your emotions run over good judgement. just don't be mad, we're all friends here.

my first post still stands.
KungMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
and who are you? and why are you so butt hurt? still butthurt about the binding thread? every piece of advice i've dispensed so far have been on subjects i do have experience and knowledge from.

just the fact that you're trying to prove me wrong adds to the naivete of your post. you're basically letting your emotions run over good judgement. just don't be mad, we're all friends here.

What nonsense. People come to this forum to ask questions, provide advice, exchange information and opinions, etc. That is what makes it a vibrant community that adds value for its members. Unfortunately, your ill-informed statements and posts contribute little/nothing and, in fact, are adding ‘noise’ and potentially confusion. My response was not emotional (although an emotional one would be justified as well), but purely in the spirit of keeping this forum a useful resource.
You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but it is clear that you know fuck-all what you are talking about – as you have amply demonstrated in a number of threads. Your first post may stand, but all the other posters in this thread so far (including some pretty knowledgeable people) disagree with your statement.

Last edited by hktrdr; 11-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Like always it comes down more to the rider than the equipment. Time on the snow is what you should shoot for, your gear won't let you down
chad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharcyde View Post
if your just learning, anything is fine really. when your new, how well you board is more determined by your skill level than your equipment.
This.

Just focus on learning the fundamentals and having fun for now.
Kilgore Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

better too small and flexible than too long and aggressive for starting out.

you probably won't understand what you're feeling for a few years anyhow.

FacePlant4Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

I agree, your original advice was awful and incorrect.
Try not doing it again.

I weigh 150 lbs and rode a 151 all over Tahoe the last few years. I "should" be riding a 154-156 based on my weight? Sorry, but no, you're wrong, especially when you're giving "advice" to a beginner.

The 151 will be fine for you, OP. Don't stress about it at all, go out and have fun learning to ride.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

Anyone who's not butt hurt like the guy a few posts above knows 151 is too short for 75 kg's and isn't recommended unless it's strictly for jibbing. Which is exactly what I stated in my first post.

Last edited by KungMartin; 11-15-2012 at 05:35 PM.
KungMartin is offline   Reply With Quote