Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Everyone chill out. Put down the pitch forks.

Not liking NS is blasphemy around here.

When I first came to this site I thought it was all Hype and BS.

Now I happen to own a proto and I like it a lot, but it may not be for everyone.

I think what people want to say is why not try it out for a few days, the board will break in a bit and on the snow you will get a different feel overall.

The flex will loosen a little and you will get to feel how the board rides and turns which could change the way you feel about it.

I would say ollies and pop are very very good on this deck, but you load it up slightly differently than regular camber.

To answer your question, if I wanted to buy a flat camber all mountain deck I would look at the nitro rook.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bizzy View Post
This. I had an Evo for a season, the board never wowed me, all I ever felt was "meh". Sold it and haven't looked back.
Same. "Meh" is probably the nicest word I could come up with..

Sounds like OP got caught up in the NS fever/hype/plague and has "board remorse"..

The cure for board remorse is to go buy something else to until you catch "paralysis by over analysis"

Last edited by BFBF; 11-16-2012 at 09:29 AM.
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblaster View Post
lol. Yes.. I'm not happy with the way it presses in the nose and tail, I think that much is obvious from flexing it on my carpet. How could I have known that before buying it online. The flex of the board isn't going to change when I take it to the snow.
The flex actually does change on the snow because you can slide on the snow (and so the board will move a little with your lean your weight over it, giving it a slightly different balance point. I wish I could do some tricks in the park as well I can do practicing on the carpet with a milkcrate(270 to tailpress to 270 pretzel out).
Quote:
Help? I never asked to be convinced into keeping the proto.
Personally, I saw your post is like when some posts on Facebook "I hate the world..." or "Life is not worth living..." they aren't explicitly asking someone to cheer them up, but it's pretty clear that wanted everyone to know how they felt.
Quote:
this is a snowboarding forum yet you all are some of the most hostile people I've seen on a message board lol. The majority of you seem offended that I don't want to Keep this board. fuck my reason for sending it back. When did I ever ask for advice on "why I should keep it." ? I should have known the butthurtedness this thread would create. I didnt realize never summer was the new perfect "union" brand.
Lol... then you are obviously new to Internet forums (I've haven't notice anyone saying "Hitler would ride that board"). Since you are new to this forum, I'll give you a pass. If you don't think you'll like the Proto, that's fine... it's not for everyone. I would still encourage to actually ride any snowboard before you pass judgment, but I understand that you want to be able to return the board for a refund. However, when writing a forum post, you have to think about how the post will be taken by other people. Posting a thread with a title like " Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else" is either clearly trying to bait people... or just ignorant because the majority of people who are going to click on the link at Proto CT owners... who you call bandwagoners in the first sentence.

If you goal is to get board recommendations... then perhaps you should have been more like:

Looking for board suggestions (Indoor Survival FK? Rome Mod Rocker?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeBigBlaster
Looking for board recommendations. I have been riding for the past 2 years (Indoor Survival FK). Tried a Proto CT... nice, but wasn't my style.

I am considering a Rome Mod Rocker, but I would like some recommendations on boards, preferably with flat/zero camber between inserts and rocker in the nose/tail. Also something with some sort of grip tech and similar in flex to the proto, maybe be a touch less.

My riding style is mainly freestyle, I spend about 40% of my time i the park on jumps and rails, the rest of the time looking for stuff to jib or jump on the trails. I'm 5'11 175, so I'll prob go with a board in the 155-159 range.

Thanks
Does that make sense? Compare the reaction to your post... to this guy... who basically was in a similar issue, but wrote it in a much more diplomatic way... look at the difference in reaction.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

not that you cant do whatever you want with your board, but it seems absolutely assanine to return a board based on hopping around on your carpet. you might as well just go to the local shop with your bindings and keep putting them on and off until you find a board that can bomb down their entire store without washing out. i mean, its just silly. the proto, from what i know, is stiffer than the evo , and the evo has PLENTY of pop for me. It just seems silly to not even give the board a try.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East§ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Rooster King

i don't think anyone is angry about anything. most people here are just telling you that you're ridiculous to think you would know how a board will ride on snow just from jumping around on your carpet. which is true.

it doesn't matter that its a never summer, it could be anything. you haven't had it on snow - you don't know how it will ride on snow.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
This. I had an Evo for a season, the board never wowed me, all I ever felt was "meh". Sold it and haven't looked back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBF View Post
Same. "Meh" is probably the nicest word I could come up with..

Sounds like OP got caught up in the NS fever/hype/plague and has "board remorse"..

The cure for board remorse is to go buy something else to until you catch "paralysis by over analysis"
To be honest, I actually don't really the ride of the Evo that much. It kind of mushy and doesn't have good pop - the Proto is almost exactly the same except it is much snapper in the nose and tail hence has much better pop.

I'm not like BA or Nivek so I only get to actually ride like 5-6 boards a year (if I'm really trying to demo a lot maybe 8-10) as in my opinion the only way you can really know how a board rides... is to actually ride it.

So once I found that the latest Never Summer boards offered a ride I personally like, I just kind of stayed with that brand (while at the same trying a few other brands like OMatic, K2, Ride, to see if I should change). I even own two Burton boards (Fish and X8), even though in general I don't like Burton... I will ride their boards if I like how they ride. Maybe I should try out a Lib or Gnu again... I hate how the BTX/MTX felt in the 2008, 2009, 2010 models... but maybe I should try out the latest C2BTX or C3BTX.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-16-2012 at 03:25 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
i don't think anyone is angry about anything. most people here are just telling you that you're ridiculous to think you would know how a board will ride on snow just from jumping around on your carpet. which is true.

it doesn't matter that its a never summer, it could be anything. you haven't had it on snow - you don't know how it will ride on snow.
This this this. x1000000
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned!

scootin thru the lift line yesterday, not many people around....5 out of maybe 7 or 8 nearby people were on protos. was funny.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
scootin thru the lift line yesterday, not many people around....5 out of maybe 7 or 8 nearby people were on protos. was funny.
Not surprising...you still been hitting Loveland mainly?
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Not surprising...you still been hitting Loveland mainly?
Yea I thought you see alot of NS at other CO resorts....but at Loveland its like...9.6 out of 10 boards are NS.