Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51215-bought-proto-ct-sending-back-something.html)

bigblaster 11-15-2012 07:57 PM

Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else

Ok, so I bought a proto because I was interested in the Hybrid Camber tech, and also I wanted to jump on the Never Summer wagon- I've had my eye on NS for a while. After doing some serious thinking, I've realized the Hybrid Camber probably isn't for me, and is quite literally the opposite camber profile of the board I have been riding for the past 2 years (Indoor Survival FK). Just from flexing it around jumping around on the carpet I can tell the Ollie is going to feel awkward along with the presses when I take it to the snow. Don't get me wrong, this board is sooo nice. It's just not my style.

I am considering a Rome Mod Rocker, but I would like some recommendations on boards, preferably with flat/zero camber between inserts and rocker in the nose/tail. Also something with some sort of grip tech and similar in flex to the proto, maybe be a touch less.

My riding style is mainly freestyle, I spend about %40 of my time i the park on jumps and rails. I'm 5'11 175, so I'll prob go with a board in the 155-159 range.

Thanks

areveruz 11-15-2012 08:06 PM

I wouldn't give up on it just yet. Sure it's going to feel different because it's not what you're used to.. i'm sure your first board felt a little funny too. The Proto sounds like a perfect board for your riding style. I guess what I'm trying to say is ride it a few days.. on the snow.. not your carpet and I can almost guarantee you'll learn to love it.

Skinny Bam 11-15-2012 08:12 PM

Your really gonna get rid of the board based on a carpet session??? :laugh::laugh:

Ride it for 3 days....on snow. and THEN tell me you don't love it.

The first few runs will be strange if your coming from the ol'fashion camber, I remember washing out heelside my first couple runs on the SL. But then you realize that you can do whatever you want on it and you will never sleep without it in your sight.

lonerider 11-15-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinny Bam (Post 539669)
Your really gonna get rid of the board based on a carpet session??? :laugh::laugh:

Ride it for 3 days....on snow. and THEN tell me you don't love it.

The first few runs will be strange if your coming from the ol'fashion camber, I remember washing out heelside my first couple runs on the SL. But then you realize that you can do whatever you want on it and you will never sleep without it in your sight.

That's what I thought and was about to post something like you did... but I really think this guy just wants attention and for everyone to be like "No no... don't go..." etc etc...

I have a Proto CT 154 and I really like it, but Never Summer may not be what everyone likes... he can do whatever he wants

Although I'm confused about what he meant when he says he is a freestyle rider... but only spend 40% on jumps and rails... what does he spend the majority 60% of his time doing? Messing around on the slopes trying to jib tree stumps? halfpipe? strutting through the village with his snowboard in one hand and hitting on girls?

areveruz 11-15-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonerider (Post 539675)
strutting through the village with his snowboard in one hand and hitting on girls?

My bet is on that one.

Richie67 11-15-2012 09:11 PM

Done the same myself, when I threw the board into my car after buyin it the pop wasnt there.. so I decided to walk down the alley and wrap it around a homeless guys head, what do you know the flex wasn't what I wanted either (the carbonium topsheet held up well though).

Brought it back anded up buying a plank of wood instead... never looked back.

t-bizzy 11-15-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonerider (Post 539675)
Never Summer may not be what everyone likes... he can do whatever he wants

This. I had an Evo for a season, the board never wowed me, all I ever felt was "meh". Sold it and haven't looked back.

phony_stark 11-15-2012 09:25 PM

Maybe he does and Sidehits? Ground Tricks?

Also, OP not to gang up on you, but saying you don't like a board after riding it on the carpet is asking for it.

Try Arbor's parabolic rocker. (Blacklist/Westmark)

Yes' camrock, there's not a lot of camber in it, I wanted there to be, but it really does ride pretty similarly to the Green Machine I got to use last year. (Trouble/Greats)

Or.....maybe just keep the board. You may end up liking it.

lonerider 11-15-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phony_stark (Post 539699)
Maybe he does and Sidehits? Ground Tricks?

That's was my first guess when I said "messing around on the slopes and trying to jib tree stumps"... but you never know.

Just sayin :dunno:

ShredLife 11-15-2012 09:41 PM

i like the NS camber profile. it has tons of pop and it loads really quickly. it holds a good edge when i need it and butters and floats in pow better than traditional camber. good enough for me.