Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bought a Proto CT, sending it back for something else

Ok, so I bought a proto because I was interested in the Hybrid Camber tech, and also I wanted to jump on the Never Summer wagon- I've had my eye on NS for a while. After doing some serious thinking, I've realized the Hybrid Camber probably isn't for me, and is quite literally the opposite camber profile of the board I have been riding for the past 2 years (Indoor Survival FK). Just from flexing it around jumping around on the carpet I can tell the Ollie is going to feel awkward along with the presses when I take it to the snow. Don't get me wrong, this board is sooo nice. It's just not my style.

I am considering a Rome Mod Rocker, but I would like some recommendations on boards, preferably with flat/zero camber between inserts and rocker in the nose/tail. Also something with some sort of grip tech and similar in flex to the proto, maybe be a touch less.

My riding style is mainly freestyle, I spend about %40 of my time i the park on jumps and rails. I'm 5'11 175, so I'll prob go with a board in the 155-159 range.

Thanks
bigblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

I wouldn't give up on it just yet. Sure it's going to feel different because it's not what you're used to.. i'm sure your first board felt a little funny too. The Proto sounds like a perfect board for your riding style. I guess what I'm trying to say is ride it a few days.. on the snow.. not your carpet and I can almost guarantee you'll learn to love it.
areveruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Your really gonna get rid of the board based on a carpet session???

Ride it for 3 days....on snow. and THEN tell me you don't love it.

The first few runs will be strange if your coming from the ol'fashion camber, I remember washing out heelside my first couple runs on the SL. But then you realize that you can do whatever you want on it and you will never sleep without it in your sight.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Your really gonna get rid of the board based on a carpet session???

Ride it for 3 days....on snow. and THEN tell me you don't love it.

The first few runs will be strange if your coming from the ol'fashion camber, I remember washing out heelside my first couple runs on the SL. But then you realize that you can do whatever you want on it and you will never sleep without it in your sight.
That's what I thought and was about to post something like you did... but I really think this guy just wants attention and for everyone to be like "No no... don't go..." etc etc...

I have a Proto CT 154 and I really like it, but Never Summer may not be what everyone likes... he can do whatever he wants

Although I'm confused about what he meant when he says he is a freestyle rider... but only spend 40% on jumps and rails... what does he spend the majority 60% of his time doing? Messing around on the slopes trying to jib tree stumps? halfpipe? strutting through the village with his snowboard in one hand and hitting on girls?

Last edited by lonerider; 11-15-2012 at 09:39 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
strutting through the village with his snowboard in one hand and hitting on girls?
My bet is on that one.
areveruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Done the same myself, when I threw the board into my car after buyin it the pop wasnt there.. so I decided to walk down the alley and wrap it around a homeless guys head, what do you know the flex wasn't what I wanted either (the carbonium topsheet held up well though).

Brought it back anded up buying a plank of wood instead... never looked back.
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Never Summer may not be what everyone likes... he can do whatever he wants
This. I had an Evo for a season, the board never wowed me, all I ever felt was "meh". Sold it and haven't looked back.
t-bizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Maybe he does and Sidehits? Ground Tricks?

Also, OP not to gang up on you, but saying you don't like a board after riding it on the carpet is asking for it.

Try Arbor's parabolic rocker. (Blacklist/Westmark)

Yes' camrock, there's not a lot of camber in it, I wanted there to be, but it really does ride pretty similarly to the Green Machine I got to use last year. (Trouble/Greats)

Or.....maybe just keep the board. You may end up liking it.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Maybe he does and Sidehits? Ground Tricks?
That's was my first guess when I said "messing around on the slopes and trying to jib tree stumps"... but you never know.

Just sayin

Last edited by lonerider; 11-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Rooster King

i like the NS camber profile. it has tons of pop and it loads really quickly. it holds a good edge when i need it and butters and floats in pow better than traditional camber. good enough for me.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote