Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Forum Youngblood Doubledog 155W/157W (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51245-forum-youngblood-doubledog-155w-157w.html)

WickedSicked 11-16-2012 01:36 PM

Forum Youngblood Doubledog 155W/157W

Hello everyone,

this is my first post in this forum, I hope I'm doing all right.

The reason is that I want to buy new snowboard and am not exactely sure if it is good for what I want to do.

First off to myself:

I live in Germany and would call myself an intermediate rider, I have been snowboarding for 7 years (Skied before that), unfortunately only 1 week a year. I either used my brother's snowboard or rented one, I believe for the beginning, the board doesn't matter too much.

Now I can confidently ride down slopes, like the feeling of riding powder (but don't get the chance to ride pow very often) and can pull off some easier tricks such as 180s and 360s, both fs and bs.

I only weigh about 140lbs, but am 6' 3" (191cm) tall. I wear a size 13 shoe.

The deal I found is the following: Forum YOUNGBLOOD DOUBLEDOG WIDE 155 Wide Snowboard - DoubleDog Rocker - Snowlab.de

The board is available in 155W and 157W.

Now here are my questions:

1) Will the board be wide enough for my feet?
2) How will the flex be for my weight?
3) Is the board long enough considering my height?
4) How will the board be in riding down slopes/powder/doing tricks?
5) If the board is good for me, should I get the 155W or the 157W?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers! Simon

Zany 11-16-2012 02:32 PM

My friend ordered one week ago from that site.
We're heading to Solden next week, i can tell u after how it was.

But I heard very positive reviews (including angrysnowboarder:D ).

1.YES

2.155W will be enough for freeride but still playfull.

3.Height play little to no role when choosing snowboard.

4.Slopes-completely fine, its midflexing board with camber in nose/tip with nice sidecut ...that's what I heard from reviews.
Powder-ull be fine there, its not powder specific deck but got rocker and 155W @ 140lbs is enough for having fun in powder.
Tricks-here it will shine - low swing weight for rotations, enough pop because of carbon in nose and tip , rocker and midflex for butters,jibs

5.155W is enough for you.

WickedSicked 11-16-2012 02:48 PM

Thanks for the fast answer! I think I'll go ahead and order it, I would be VERY thankful if you still posted when your friend tried it, just so I know what to expect, if it should be a total disaster I could still send it back then.

Any other peoples' thoughts?

Cheers!

WickedSicked 11-17-2012 05:53 AM

Really nobody else? I'd appreciate thoughts very much!

Zany 11-17-2012 06:53 AM

Btw if price plays big role ,U wont find anything better for this price range in europe snowboard online shops now.
My friend wanted new board so I did research and this was best.
U wont find any 40%off from forum deck.

WickedSicked 11-17-2012 09:24 AM

I just ordered it, pretty sure I won't be disappointed! Thanks :D

handscreate 11-19-2012 12:25 AM

I have a Forum Bully 155 (basically the same board as The Youngblood, but a directional twin instead of a true twin). I'm 5'11", +/- 145lbs, size 12 boot. I only got to ride this board about 5-6 days last season, but loved it. It's flexible enough to have some fun & stiff enough to get thru the chop, etc. The DoubleDog hybrid camber is great for everything on the mountain: groomers, park, powder.