Arbor help! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Hey Thatguy,

Well I'm not a beginner, I started 6 years ago and have gone every year (notably though some seasons only a few days), so I have good control of myself but I ony know what I know which is why I'm seeking some advice on it. But you said "but i would suggest the element rx as its a camber board good for high speeds and leaving other behind" - but the RX is the rocker not the camber. Did you mean the CX or did you mean RX and classified it wrong?
nope you are completely right, cx meaning camber and rx meaning rocker, I just had rocker in mind after riding my Coda today sorry for the mistake.

you say you have your zep which is a camber right? and you just bought a rocker board and were wondering if you should trade it or keep it and get another? so my question is, is your zep 6 years old? or did you get it more recently, if its that old and shes a used and abused lady you would definitely want to look at a new board or not if shes still got life in her but thats a riders discretion according to his wallet and skill level.

if your gunna get a new board id definitely say keep the machete and get the cx variety is the spice of life my friend
Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have a coda and love it but was thinking about trying the element.

I just looked at the specs of the element and they are exactly the same as the coda. What makes the element different from the coda?
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post

I just looked at the specs of the element and they are exactly the same as the coda. What makes the element different from the coda?
arbor makes two elements one is cx one is rx. If you missed it before the rx is rocker and cx is your traditional board design. reg camber will be more stable at higher speeds where as rocker will give you quicker tighter turns both boards can do either they'll just feel more at home doing what there designed for, though that wasn't your question.

The difference in the Coda compared to the element rx would just be the rx will be a bit stiffer, and quiet possibly a bit better though id have to ride it to be sure

a good rule of thumb to go buy keeping everything in mind of course the more expensive a board is within one brand the more materials and therefore a likely better candidate for big mountain riding, however there are always execptions to rules.*cough*burton*cough*
Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
So basically no one has any love for the CX it sounds like? ha
The cx is a great example of a classic design. The fact is that most R&D from the last few years has gone into perfecting the various technologies surrounding rockered designs. That takes nothing away from the tried and true older styles. You are mainly hearing people sharing their stoke with you and prodding you a little bit to branch out and try something new (that they have been digging on).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

The RX is definitely a sick board and will handle *anything* you throw at it with ease, FWIW Arbor's griptech is my favorite edge tech on the market right now it just works so well. I do wish I could've tried the CX to compare the two but I'm sure that's also a solid board.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 47

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
arbor makes two elements one is cx one is rx. If you missed it before the rx is rocker and cx is your traditional board design. reg camber will be more stable at higher speeds where as rocker will give you quicker tighter turns both boards can do either they'll just feel more at home doing what there designed for, though that wasn't your question.

The difference in the Coda compared to the element rx would just be the rx will be a bit stiffer, and quiet possibly a bit better though id have to ride it to be sure

a good rule of thumb to go buy keeping everything in mind of course the more expensive a board is within one brand the more materials and therefore a likely better candidate for big mountain riding, however there are always execptions to rules.*cough*burton*cough*
I just looked at the arbor site again, the only difference I can see between the element rx and coda is the element has mystic core 1 and coda mystic core 2. Every other spec and feature is the same. And the descriptions on the cores are so vague you don't really know what makes them different.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Which funny enough, if you ask Arbor. They tell you the Coda is stiffer.

https://twitter.com/ArborCollective/...29512442421250
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
I just looked at the arbor site again, the only difference I can see between the element rx and coda is the element has mystic core 1 and coda mystic core 2. Every other spec and feature is the same. And the descriptions on the cores are so vague you don't really know what makes them different.
The bamboo rails on the Coda runs along the sidewalls on the Element they're two rails running more towards the center of the board. I've also heard the coda runs a bit stiffer than the ELement RX so where the RX is something that you could dabble with in the park (but would not be ideal) I'd wager the Coda falls more in to that category of "Sure, you *could* jib with it but why would you bother???"

It is a pretty slight different probably, but it be enough to matter to some riders.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 47

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
So basically no one has any love for the CX it sounds like? ha
Not true Bobby! I am a new rider and I just picked up an Element CX for this year. I have a similar version to the Element RX called the Arbor Cascade. I do love the grib tech, the easy turning, super easy butters and just fun skate like board. I do notice it isn't a confidence builder with speed but that is ok with me because I am basically a beginner! haha I think it is funny how people say not to get a board if you are a newbie. Even REI recommended it for intermediate to advanced. I am so new to riding that I am going back in time to learn on regular camber because when I learned, every rental place only have 0 camber or rockers. I picked up the Element 2011 /2012 CX on Ebay for 300 bucks NEW! So how could I turn that down!
tonyisnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Arbor has told me that the Coda has a lot more pop.
tonyisnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote