Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Park setup suggestions. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51296-park-setup-suggestions.html)

Snowboardit 11-17-2012 05:39 PM

Park setup suggestions.

So, I've been boarding for about 8 years now and I've been pretty casual. This season I've been more and more interested in getting into the park. Having said that, my current setup is definitely not suitable for the park. I am 5'10" and weigh about 135-140. Any board/binding suggestions? Thanks.

Nivek 11-17-2012 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Salomon Sabotage 152 with Holograms. One of the best setups I have ever been on.

Snowboardit 11-18-2012 01:01 PM

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Edge 11-18-2012 01:04 PM

I play in the park with a Skate Banana (148N) with Flux RK30s, after a recommendation from this forum. So much fun.

SGoldwin 11-19-2012 07:30 AM

I am also moving towards the Park. Mostly for jumps and boxes - no rails for me. And even more ground tricks such as buttering.

My selection ended up with Salomon Drift Rocker 148 with Salomon Rhythm. I chose a much shorter board for the park - just to make it easy to turn and spinn.

I'm built similar to you.

But, I havn't tried it yet. First run next weekend.

Snowboardit 11-19-2012 03:16 PM

I never considered salomon! Damn, that's actually my second choice after the Forum Youngblood Doubledog. I stay away from rails too haha. Thanks so much!

Alkasquawlik 11-19-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowboardit (Post 540995)
I never considered salomon! Damn, that's actually my second choice after the Forum Youngblood Doubledog. I stay away from rails too haha. Thanks so much!

The Youngblood is a sick board. The only issue with it would be Forum's going out of business at the end of this year, so you may have issues with the warranty process IF the board ended up breaking on you.

With that said, check out the Horrorscope/Ultrafear and Stairmaster/Stairmaster Extremes from Capita. All those boards are great for park, and your personal preferences will narrow your search down from those four decks to one or two.

Lysergic 11-19-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 540998)
The only issue with it would be Forum's going out of business at the end of this year,

I thought Forum was just being given more of its own management, Burton having less control of what it did. Even saw a rep a few weeks ago selling their new 2014 gear. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Alkasquawlik 11-19-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysergic (Post 541198)
I thought Forum was just being given more of its own management, Burton having less control of what it did. Even saw a rep a few weeks ago selling their new 2014 gear. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Nope. They are done after this year. Most of the rep force has already basically quit and moved on. Some are still finishing out the year though, I know the Tahoe rep is, which I think is rad.

Lysergic 11-19-2012 10:20 PM

Just found an article on it, so basically, Burton's "Program Brands" (Forum, Four Square and Special Blend) are all dead. BUT, Burton will be providing "Current winter 2013 product will be supported over the next year, via warranty, dealer, marketing and inventory support." Link to article is at end of post if anyones interested.

Sad days, actually like Forum as a brand :(

Burton Realigns Its Family Of Brands For Long-Term Success - News and Features - Mountainwatch