Burton Sherlock 2011/12 - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Default

Loney man,

He's on angrysnowboarder I believe (unless you were being sarcastic.).

With almost 800 posts, I half think you are being sarcastic.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Loney man,

He's on angrysnowboarder I believe (unless you were being sarcastic.).

With almost 800 posts, I half think you are being sarcastic.
Oh, really I meant no disrespect. Actually, he the reason I've started to seriously look at Flow snowboard (going to try the Flow Shifty) and bindings (looking at NX2-AT) whereas I previously dismissed them as second-rate products due to my memory of them from a long time ago. But Nivek seemed so adamant about Flow boards (esp over NS boards) that I figured I must be wrong about them and I should give them a second look.

I really meant his height/weight and riding style... because I'm a light guy and if he's like 200-250 lbs, he experiences are going to be different from mine (especially regard stiffness and dampness). I actually go the sense he was was slimmer (like around my weigh of 150 lbs)... but I wasn't sure. I just threw in the rest of it because I'm OCD about stuff for completeness sake (I've edited the previous post).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-19-2012 at 12:49 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Default

Oh okay cool. LOL. I didn't know if you were kidding.

Yeah, he was on angry snowboarder and is a smaller guy, who I guess likes park. He and jza got me thinking about bataleon last year and I'm glad I did. Bought a Whatever and love it.

However, there are times where information/advice will be given and he (I hope) forgets to say "To me" or "in my opinion" and it kind of takes cred away him and the things he's saying. Especially if that advice may be incorrect or not so accurate, or subjective.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Oh okay cool. LOL. I didn't know if you were kidding.

However, there are times where information/advice will be given and he (I hope) forgets to say "To me" or "in my opinion" and it kind of takes cred away him and the things he's saying. Especially if that advice may be incorrect or not so accurate, or subjective.
Right... the reason for my original post asking for Nivek's stats was to resolve what the mini-debate Nivek had with "Alkasquawlik"(sp?) about the tips of the Happy Hour being too stiff for an every day board. Adding in the fact the Nivek is a lighter (140-150 lbs???) and rides park all day... suddenly him saying the that makes a lot more sense as we could now read the post as.

The K2 Happy Hour's tips are too stiff to be an every day board for me a lighter park rider. I just didn't want to put words in Nivek's mouth.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Right... the reason for my original post asking for Nivek's stats was to resolve what the mini-debate Nivek had with "Alkasquawlik"(sp?) about the tips of the Happy Hour being too stiff for an every day board. Adding in the fact the Nivek is a lighter (140-150 lbs???) and rides park all day... suddenly him saying the that makes a lot more sense as we could now read the post as.

The K2 Happy Hour's tips are too stiff to be an every day board for me a lighter park rider. I just didn't want to put words in Nivek's mouth.

Exactly. Alka, I'm positive, would have ZERO issues with that statement (I AM putting words in his mouth.).

But the way the original comes off is "The tips are too stiff for anyone to be an everyday board, and that's why this is a pow specific board."

Which is nonsense.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,371
Default

Alka the fact you recommend a Capita EVERY single fucking thread makes me disregard everything you say. You have a hard on, nice. Keep it to yourself. They have an appropriate place to be suggested, you'll notice even my favorite brands dont get suggested every single thread I'm in. Cause they arent always appropriate.

Its too stiff cause I fucking say so, I rode it. Can people jib all mountain decks and ride cliffs on jib decks? Yeah, they can. But thats not what those decks are meant for. I'm telling you what this board is dedsigned to do.

The pointy tips are phsycologically functional as Iv'e said. And was told by the head Rockies rep. I didnt make it up.

For reference I'm 155lbs and rode the 151.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Alka the fact you recommend a Capita EVERY single fucking thread makes me disregard everything you say. You have a hard on, nice. Keep it to yourself. They have an appropriate place to be suggested, you'll notice even my favorite brands dont get suggested every single thread I'm in. Cause they arent always appropriate.

Its too stiff cause I fucking say so, I rode it. Can people jib all mountain decks and ride cliffs on jib decks? Yeah, they can. But thats not what those decks are meant for. I'm telling you what this board is dedsigned to do.

The pointy tips are phsycologically functional as Iv'e said. And was told by the head Rockies rep. I didnt make it up.

For reference I'm 155lbs and rode the 151.

Lolz at the bolded part.
"psychologically functional" hahahha
You can take your REI/K2 bullshit selling points out of here.

I recommend Capita because the product works for me, the company and people are rad, and the fact that I have a ton of first hand experience on a bunch of C3 product.

I only recommend product where relevant, and only product I have first hand knowledge of. If that bothers you, go fuck yourself. I couldn't care less about some REI tool living in CO.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Default

phsycologically...what the fuck does that word mean.

Do you mean psychologically functional or physically functional?

Also, I still disagree that that board is, somehow, a pow specific board. It will float in pow, sure, but I am really unconvinced that those two points on the tip and nothing else make it for pow only. It seems like a team driven deck for riding all over the mountain regardless of condition.

I'd say the turbo dream is more akin to a pow-freestyle board (like the sherlock or dirty pillow) did you mean this?
(This is just based on talking points/reviews/impressions/manufacturers description, that at no point mention the K2 Happy hour as a pow lover's dream stick)
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
Lolz at the bolded part.
"psychologically functional" hahahha
You can take your REI/K2 bullshit selling points out of here.

I recommend Capita because the product works for me, the company and people are rad, and the fact that I have a ton of first hand experience on a bunch of C3 product.

I only recommend product where relevant, and only product I have first hand knowledge of. If that bothers you, go fuck yourself. I couldn't care less about some REI tool living in CO.
Ha you think I work at REI. Thats cute.

Yes psycholigically. How does a single letter typo completey change the word?

So are we all just going to skip over the fact that the K2 rep is the one who told me the reason behind the pointy tips? We are? Oh ok. Also ask him which he'll recommend as an all mountain/pow board. Probably the Turbo. But lets continue playing like I have no clue what I'm talking about.

And where did I say I was a park rider? I cant find that anywhere. I ride the whole of Breck. I ride trees, rails, steeps, bowls, jumps, and anything else I feel like that day.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Ha you think I work at REI. Thats cute.
I don't care where you work, but the way you dole out advice and your "selling points" make it seem that an REI/Any Mountain type of store would be your ideal employer.

Quote:
Yes psycholigically. How does a single letter typo completey change the word?
lolwut

Quote:
So are we all just going to skip over the fact that the K2 rep is the one who told me the reason behind the pointy tips? We are? Oh ok. Also ask him which he'll recommend as an all mountain/pow board. Probably the Turbo. But lets continue playing like I have no clue what I'm talking about.
If the CO rep is anything like our Tahoe one, forgive me, but I would much rather listen to the drivel that ShredLife comes up with.

Just had our K2 clinic, and was told that a selling point of one of their boots was "a comfort fit". What does that even mean haha
It was a ridiculous clinic, and I can see the similarities between you and him, when you are giving out recommendations because of urethane binding straps haha.

So ya, like I said, just because he said something to you doesn't mean it holds much water with me.

Quote:

And where did I say I was a park rider? I cant find that anywhere. I ride the whole of Breck. I ride trees, rails, steeps, bowls, jumps, and anything else I feel like that day.
Zero fucks are given by me. I don't care where or what you ride.

Breck is a rad place, wish I could've spent more time there this year. I enjoyed Beaver Creek and Vail more, but I'll be back to CO once or twice this year, maybe another visit will change my mind on the place.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"

Last edited by Alkasquawlik; 11-19-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums