Burton Sherlock 2011/12 - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Urethane ladders are a very user functional feature smart guy. They dont get brittle and snap. So nice try.

Someone else mentioned that they thought i was strictly a park rider and someone else wanted to know where I rode most. But I'm glad you think you command my undevided attention.

My selling points are always useable info. And if my advice is such shit why are there countless people stoked on gear they bought on my recommendation?

And finally, have you ridden the Happy Hour? If not then fuck off.

P.S. I enjoy the fact I now start riots with a few simple comments. It makes boring days less boring.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Nivek;541128]Urethane ladders are a very user functional feature smart guy. They dont get brittle and snap. So nice try.
[/quote}

I have never, ever broken a ladder in 12 years of riding. It seems like urethane ladders are fixing a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.
Granted, I ride in CA where it doesn't get cold, so I can't speak firsthand on how equipment reacts in colder environments, but using tech like this as a selling point to intermediate riders in CA and the Mid-West is a moot point.

Quote:
Someone else mentioned that they thought i was strictly a park rider and someone else wanted to know where I rode most. But I'm glad you think you command my undevided attention.
"undivided"
Considering you only quoted me, I feel it was a completely fair assumption on my part.
But I should command your full attention regardless, because I'm fucking awesome.

Quote:
My selling points are always useable info. And if my advice is such shit why are there countless people stoked on gear they bought on my recommendation?
I think it's rad that you're helping out people on SBF.
The only issue I have is that you seem so caught up in the "technical" side of snowboarding.
"This board is too stiff, you can't ride it in conditions x and y, only in conditions z"
"These bindings don't offer me the same exact of longitudalwhogivesafuck response as these other ones."

People see your comments about certain product, and based off your reputation and post count, take your advice as fact, when in reality it's all subjective, personal preferences on a lot of snowboard gear.

I saw you comment on one of my Horrorscope recommendations to another poster, who was a second year snowboarder in the Midwest. I recommended the Horrorscope, only to have you chime in that "O, this kid on my couch broke 4 in one year."

A. How long was the kid sleeping on your couch to be able to break 4 decks in a year?
B. The type of riding that your friend did, is most likely going to be significantly different (read, more abusive/damaging to a board) than a beginner rider in the Mid-West. Learn to help out the individual customer instead of proclaiming your C3 hate everywhere.
C. If I broke 2-3 boards in the same year, regardless of company, you sure as shit won't see me on that product anymore.

Quote:
And finally, have you ridden the Happy Hour? If not then fuck off.
No, I try not to ride K2 product.
But I never made a comment about the board itself, I just made a remark after you claimed the Happy Hour "wasn't an everyday board". Maybe for you it isn't, but for all the people I know who rode them last year, all the pros who ride them, and all the kids I know who picked one up this year as their main decks, who are you to tell me/them that the HH isn't an everyday board, because "the tips are too stiff". Grow up, get some muscle, and learn how to flex a snowboard.

Quote:
P.S. I enjoy the fact I now start riots with a few simple comments. It makes boring days less boring.

Anyway, I'm over this. I'm gonna go to the bar and watch Kaepernick and the Niners spank Chicago in 30 minutes.
Enjoy riding at Breck this year, maybe I'll see you there.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Alkasquawlik;541142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Urethane ladders are a very user functional feature smart guy. They dont get brittle and snap. So nice try.
[/quote}

I have never, ever broken a ladder in 12 years of riding. It seems like urethane ladders are fixing a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.
Granted, I ride in CA where it doesn't get cold, so I can't speak firsthand on how equipment reacts in colder environments, but using tech like this as a selling point to intermediate riders in CA and the Mid-West is a moot point.

"undivided"
Considering you only quoted me, I feel it was a completely fair assumption on my part.
But I should command your full attention regardless, because I'm fucking awesome.

I think it's rad that you're helping out people on SBF.
The only issue I have is that you seem so caught up in the "technical" side of snowboarding.
"This board is too stiff, you can't ride it in conditions x and y, only in conditions z"
"These bindings don't offer me the same exact of longitudalwhogivesafuck response as these other ones."

People see your comments about certain product, and based off your reputation and post count, take your advice as fact, when in reality it's all subjective, personal preferences on a lot of snowboard gear.

I saw you comment on one of my Horrorscope recommendations to another poster, who was a second year snowboarder in the Midwest. I recommended the Horrorscope, only to have you chime in that "O, this kid on my couch broke 4 in one year."

A. How long was the kid sleeping on your couch to be able to break 4 decks in a year?
B. The type of riding that your friend did, is most likely going to be significantly different (read, more abusive/damaging to a board) than a beginner rider in the Mid-West. Learn to help out the individual customer instead of proclaiming your C3 hate everywhere.
C. If I broke 2-3 boards in the same year, regardless of company, you sure as shit won't see me on that product anymore.

No, I try not to ride K2 product.
But I never made a comment about the board itself, I just made a remark after you claimed the Happy Hour "wasn't an everyday board". Maybe for you it isn't, but for all the people I know who rode them last year, all the pros who ride them, and all the kids I know who picked one up this year as their main decks, who are you to tell me/them that the HH isn't an everyday board, because "the tips are too stiff". Grow up, get some muscle, and learn how to flex a snowboard.

Anyway, I'm over this. I'm gonna go to the bar and watch Kaepernick and the Niners spank Chicago in 30 minutes.
WTF, I thought that smith would play. This should be damn interesting. Knapper nick was very good last week.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
Watching the game right now... wow.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Ha you think I work at REI. Thats cute.

Yes psycholigically. How does a single letter typo completey change the word?

So are we all just going to skip over the fact that the K2 rep is the one who told me the reason behind the pointy tips? We are? Oh ok. Also ask him which he'll recommend as an all mountain/pow board. Probably the Turbo. But lets continue playing like I have no clue what I'm talking about.

And where did I say I was a park rider? I cant find that anywhere. I ride the whole of Breck. I ride trees, rails, steeps, bowls, jumps, and anything else I feel like that day.
Wait wait wait waitwaitwait....did the rep tell you verbatim that the tips were psychologically functional?
Dude the niners are putting foot to cock right now.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Wait wait wait waitwaitwait....did the rep tell you verbatim that the tips were psychologically functional?
Dude the niners are putting foot to cock right now.
I just got in front of the tv to see them go up 20-0, the future looks bright with kapernick down the road, and defence seems to be on fire. Go niners
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #37 (permalink)

Kaepernick is looking legit!
kctahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran Member

UGH the only reason those tips exist is because Danny and crew wanted something fun on their board of choice. It's not specifically for pow because if you've ever seen Danny ride (personal favorite rider of mine) he jibs the fuck out of that thing, hits jumps, and slashes pow. That board is the progression of the Believer which was K2's entry into powder freestyle based on the team direction of Shaun McKay and a few other of their riders that were calling Baker home. Psychologically one would look at that and say pointy tip = pow specific and I could see them using that as a selling point.

Now as for the Sherlock I find that board to be a super fun deck in pow. Those tips are so much fun for spinning pow butters.

Back to commencing with the e penis stroking wars of 2012.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dude. Alex Smith is not in any REAL trouble.....but he kinda is.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
It's not specifically for pow because if you've ever seen Danny ride (personal favorite rider of mine) he jibs the fuck out of that thing, hits jumps, and slashes pow.
this

Quote:
Psychologically one would look at that and say pointy tip = pow specific and I could see them using that as a selling point.
and this

Quote:
Back to commencing with the e penis stroking wars of 2012.
wanna join?

also, stoked to see some other 49ers fan on here. Forever Faithful!