Burton Sherlock 2011/12 - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
I have never, ever broken a ladder in 12 years of riding. It seems like urethane ladders are fixing a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.
Granted, I ride in CA where it doesn't get cold, so I can't speak firsthand on how equipment reacts in colder environments, but using tech like this as a selling point to intermediate riders in CA and the Mid-West is a moot point.
Do you know anything about the midwest? It gets pretty fuckin cold there. And the toe ladder is one of the most replaced parts in snowboarding. Striving for one that is significantly tougher doesn't seem like fixing a non-issue to me.

Quote:
I think it's rad that you're helping out people on SBF.
The only issue I have is that you seem so caught up in the "technical" side of snowboarding.
"This board is too stiff, you can't ride it in conditions x and y, only in conditions z"
"These bindings don't offer me the same exact of longitudalwhogivesafuck response as these other ones."
I get into the tech side a lot cause with how many great boards are out there now there is likely one board that fits an individual better than others.

Quote:
People see your comments about certain product, and based off your reputation and post count, take your advice as fact, when in reality it's all subjective, personal preferences on a lot of snowboard gear.
My objective views have become valuable to a lot of people. Partly because I can always back them up. The 51 HH was about as playful in the tips as a 55 Berzerker. So in what would have been a more appropriate size, the 54, it would have been even less playful. The board is less nimble on harpack and less playful than the majority of boards people use for a one board ride. Satisfied?
Quote:
I saw you comment on one of my Horrorscope recommendations to another poster, who was a second year snowboarder in the Midwest. I recommended the Horrorscope, only to have you chime in that "O, this kid on my couch broke 4 in one year."

A. How long was the kid sleeping on your couch to be able to break 4 decks in a year?
B. The type of riding that your friend did, is most likely going to be significantly different (read, more abusive/damaging to a board) than a beginner rider in the Mid-West. Learn to help out the individual customer instead of proclaiming your C3 hate everywhere.
C. If I broke 2-3 boards in the same year, regardless of company, you sure as shit won't see me on that product anymore.
Does him snapping that many mean everyone will? No. But considering that is the one board he's broken and has only started riding harder since, there is a higher chance the average rider will break it. Kids these days can't afford a new deck every year. I'd like to try and make sure they get something that has a history of being durable.

Quote:
No, I try not to ride K2 product.
But I never made a comment about the board itself, I just made a remark after you claimed the Happy Hour "wasn't an everyday board". Maybe for you it isn't, but for all the people I know who rode them last year, all the pros who ride them, and all the kids I know who picked one up this year as their main decks, who are you to tell me/them that the HH isn't an everyday board, because "the tips are too stiff". Grow up, get some muscle, and learn how to flex a snowboard.
You try not to ride K2? Please PLEASE explain this.

If the Happy Hour had such great sell through how come I never saw one last year and have seen 2 this year? Don't bring up pros. They aren't us. For the average rider there are better options. Danny loves it and jibs it, that's great. Its heritage is as a pow freestyle twin and it still performs best as such. He can do shit on garage door we wont ever do. I'm not here to speculate whether or not someone is the 20% that's going to like a board for a different purpose than the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Wait wait wait waitwaitwait....did the rep tell you verbatim that the tips were psychologically functional?
Dude the niners are putting foot to cock right now.
Take the pointy tips off the Happy Hour and go over the tech. Then tell someone its more or less designed as a pow twin. Then do it again with the stabby tips back on. Its much easier to believe the stabby twin is a pow stick than the round tipped one.

No, not verbatim. But they work psychologically so I'm stickin to it.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

wanna join?

Not really I'm afraid I might stab someone.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
You try not to ride K2? Please PLEASE explain this.
I'm a camber kid. I dislike that all of K2's boards have that stupid Flatline tech throughout their entire line. Flat boards feel dead to me. My heart broke when Capita changed the camber profile of the Midlife last season. If I'm going to ride a reverse cambered deck, I'm going to ride one that's actually rockered ie. V Rocker, Flying V, Banana tech, etc. instead of a flat one, but I definitely would much rather ride a cambered board.

I don't like canted footbeds either, and K2 made those standard on their bindings as well. My buddy had a pair of Formulas that he enjoyed for a few seasons, but he's on a pair of Contact Pros now and likes them better. whodathunkit?

Anyway, that's why I try not to ride them. I will try to put some days on a a Lifelike though, that board seems rad. Maybe I'll get on a HH as well, to see for myself what the hype is about.

I tl;dr the rest of your post.
Like I said, over it.

Now back to the Niner game. Kaepernick made me go from 6 to midnight on the first drive, he's kept me at a solid boner all night.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Not really I'm afraid I might stab someone.
You would never, not with that tiny e peen of yours
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
You would never, not with that tiny e peen of yours
You best heed the choking hazard that comes with it.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
Veteran Member

To sum this up.

Happy hour is not marketed as a pow specific board, nor is it pow specific.
Everyone loves Sherlock and wants to ride him.
Kap is a n00b that pwns like someone who would pwn n00bs.
Everyone loves to look at a little epeen every now and then.

TLDNR - Richie, just listen to Supra. He knows what he's talking about.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'll cradle the balls if you are gentle.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
To sum this up.

Happy hour is not marketed as a pow specific board, nor is it pow specific.
Everyone loves Sherlock and wants to ride him.
Kap is a n00b that pwns like someone who would pwn n00bs.
Everyone loves to look at a little epeen every now and then.

TLDNR - Richie, just listen to Supra. He knows what he's talking about.
Supra posted in this thread?
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie67 View Post
Supra posted in this thread?
Ghost posting.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #50 (permalink)
Veteran Member

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/pho...-pow-edit.html

That's what I use the Sherlock for^^^

but I'm over it. flying v is fun in pow, but shitty when you're in critical terrain. Back to camber or flat for me!
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote