Help with new setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
another1

Default Help with new setup

I知 looking to get a new setup for next season. I have boots that fit me well (size 10.5). but I知 looking to get a new board and bindings and I could use some suggestions/advice.

I知 about 510, 155 lbs. I致e been riding for 2 years and next season I want to do a lot of park riding. I did a little bit this year, some small rails and jumps, but not much. I知 looking for a board that痴 pretty soft (my current board is a Vision Aurora 157 that a friend gave me when I started and it痴 really stiff, so I壇 like to move on to something more flexible for the park). The resort I go to is in Virginia, so its all manmade snow (mostly), and often some ice patches.

My budget is about $500 for the board and bindings, but there may be some room on that. Some of the boards I致e been looking at are the Nitro MFM, Ride Kink, Rome Artifact, Rome Graft, Burton X8 (the only Burton I could tell was pretty soft from product reviews/descriptions), and I致e also heard Gnu痴 are good, but I can稚 tell from their website which of their boards are meant for park riding. Those are just some I致e looked up online, really I知 open to any board as long as it痴 soft and good for park riding. As far as bindings go, I知 kind of in the dark.

I hope my post wasn稚 too long, I just wanted to try and give as much information as possible for people to go off of. Thanks for any help you can give me, whether it be recommendations for gear, or just reviews of gear you池e familiar with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rome Graft is a great all-park board. Not as soft as the Artifact, but can still handle anything in the park, and get down some blacks with decent speed. Do a forum search on "rome graft review" under my screen name. I did a really extensive review of it awhile ago. As for Burtons, look into the Blunt and the Dominate.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
another1

Thanks for the info, sedition. I had basically narrowed it down to the graft, artifact and the nitro, and after looking into the graft a little more (including your review and you recommending the board in several other threads) I decided to go with that. I think the graft is exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe snowboard shopping in the spring isn't such a great idea, winter feels so far away and I already can't wait to try out the new board next season.
As for bindings, I think I've narrowed it down to either Ride Delta or Burton P1 (I also looked at Rome 390, but can't seem to find anyone who has them in stock at the right size). Anyone have any advice about which bindings to go with the board?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I am not a binding expert, so I'll defer to someone else. However, the one thing I do you know is that you have to make sure bindings are compatable with your boots.

(BTW: how many people have I now "talked into" getting Grafts? We must be pushing 10 at this point!)

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote