Billy goat. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ARSENALFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Alright, im pretty big so its a 162. Ill let it go for a Bataleon evil twin. Riding pow was kind of iffy because i watch all these vids of pow boards and super sick pow but i never actually rode deep pow. Its way better then a 152 cambered board i used to ride, like you dont have to lean back for it to float. Im over-exaggerating about the float... It was a big board to work with though. i was wasted by the time we went back home. And i am from Slovenija which is like Russia...
Ill sell it if you buy me a bataleon evil twin.... Or 350. The core shot was fixed but it wasn't really a core shot because it didnt go to the wood, just deep gauge.
Little too big for this guy. Slovenija is a beautiful country. Passed through last summer on our way from Rijeka Croatia to Italy. My wife is Croatian. You need to go back home to find yourself a wife. Women from those parts are second to none.
ARSENALFAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
Little too big for this guy. Slovenija is a beautiful country. Passed through last summer on our way from Rijeka Croatia to Italy. My wife is Croatian. You need to go back home to find yourself a wife. Women from those parts are second to none.
Mhm, but ever since i saw transformers i always wanted to come to American
and yeah going back next summer to say hi to all my mates. gonna be rowdy.
blunted_nose is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Hey, got my first day on it 2 weeks ago and i must say it might not be the board i was looking for. its hella of a board, stiff, responsive and really not that buttery. No wonder it was made for banked slalom. The pow float wasn't that great even with setback and i didnt like it that much. I wanted something that can charge but not this hard... I might looking into B process or something. Or might just but a 2007 Jussi pro model
K2 boot were amazing tho so that's good.
Thing is about an expert/aggressive level board is that you got to ride it hard or it will take you for a ride....obviously you got taken for said ride. I concur with Snowolf and keep it, keep riding it and it will force you to become a better rider...and once you become more aggressive it will be a fun board and in a way a more efficient board...meaning responsive...but you will need to be mentally on-point...cause if you are mentally checked out will buck you right off and punish you for your inattentiveness. Anyway ime with a highend board. That being said, I have yet to ride my goat 159 split but may take it up on this Wed to check how it runs on opening day groomers.

wrathfuldeity is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not to go off topic, but i figure there is several billy goat riders in this thread maybe one can chime in.

How does the goat compare to trice. I want a board a bit more aggresive and stable at speed then my trice.
Soawsome is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soawsome View Post
Not to go off topic, but i figure there is several billy goat riders in this thread maybe one can chime in.

How does the goat compare to trice. I want a board a bit more aggresive and stable at speed then my trice.
Both are aggressive charger boards, but the two major differences (other than construction) are:
  1. Goat is a much narrower board than the mid-wide T. Rice. As a result turn initiation and edge-to-edge is much quicker.
  2. Goat has slight setback which might make it slightly more stable at speed (it also helps with float in powder, but compared to the T. Rice that is partially offset by the reduced surface area).

Magnetraction is also more mellow on the Goat.

Last edited by hktrdr; 11-20-2012 at 09:29 PM.
hktrdr is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soawsome View Post
Not to go off topic, but i figure there is several billy goat riders in this thread maybe one can chime in.

How does the goat compare to trice. I want a board a bit more aggresive and stable at speed then my trice.
Goat is your answer, and so is mine, but most of the days i cant man handle goat yet. Im seriously considering Bataleon as my new board for Christmas BUT goliath or et or somethings softer? which size; stats: 210 pounds and 6.2ft.
I want something more of a contrast to my billy g which means that i want something softer because i already have a stiff board.
blunted_nose is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Goat is your answer, and so is mine, but most of the days i cant man handle goat yet. Im seriously considering Bataleon as my new board for Christmas BUT goliath or et or somethings softer? which size; stats: 210 pounds and 6.2ft.
I want something more of a contrast to my billy g which means that i want something softer because i already have a stiff board.
If you find that the pow float 'is not that great' with the Goat, you are going to have real problems with a Bataleon stick...
hktrdr is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I have a 162 goat, and it made me a better rider. Allowed me to surf the pow, ride the trees, and hit the steeps with confidence. Got it mid year last year, my first year ever on a mountain

. Your much bigger than me and I don't find it hard to handle at all. Quite the opposite actually.

If it doesn't fit your riding style it ain't the board for you...... But maybe give it another chance as a guy your size should not be worn out from riding the 162 BG all day. something's not right.....
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I have a 162 goat, and it made me a better rider. Allowed me to surf the pow, ride the trees, and hit the steeps with confidence. Got it mid year last year, my first year ever on a mountain

. Your much bigger than me and I don't find it hard to handle at all. Quite the opposite actually.

If it doesn't fit your riding style it ain't the board for you...... But maybe give it another chance as a guy your size should not be worn out from riding the 162 BG all day. something's not right.....
I guess i wanted a hard charging stick, i want the opposite, but i wont sell my billy cuz its good. The thing about pow, drop it because it wasn't really pow, more like dust on crust and it was my first day of the season.
blunted_nose is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ARSENALFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
I guess i wanted a hard charging stick, i want the opposite, but i wont sell my billy cuz its good. The thing about pow, drop it because it wasn't really pow, more like dust on crust and it was my first day of the season.

Dust on crust. I like that one.
ARSENALFAN is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome