Hi! New to the forum, I've been lurking for a few weeks but decided to register to get a more specific answer - another "what board should I buy?"
Details (based on the FAQ section, which I did read first):
115-120 lbs, 5'3"
Boot size 8 (women's)
21 (not growing taller or fatter)
I am looking for a freeride board - I am never in the park, and the only jumps I do are accidental (it would be cool to learn how to actually look good doing jumps but the terrain park can be intimidating).
I live in Southwestern Ontario, so not too many big hills around here - I need a board that is good for the chop/crud of small hills like Blue Mountain, the chop/ice/groomers of Tremblant, and better snow/powder (going to Utah this year I think, sometimes go to Vermont as well). I am usually just bombing down blues/blacks/double blacks but I will also do glades. I have been snowboarding since I was about 12, and would consider myself fairly advanced.
I have been doing some research for a couple months now using review websites, snowboard magazine reviews, Shayboarder, etc. but since I won't be able to test a board before buying I want to get as many opinions as possible!
1. GNU B-pro (this was my top pick until I read a couple bad reviews on this forum about it)
2. Rome Gold (most reviews about it are very positive, but it's new so having trouble finding a lot of info)
3. Never Summer Lotus (lost of NS fans on this forum it seems like!)
4. Never Summer Infinity (isn't as much of a freeride board though?)
5. Jones Mothership (smallest size is 152 - would that be too big?)
6. Arbor Push
And yes, I realize that isn't actually a short list. My current board is a forum craft I've had for about 6 years - it's a size 147 and I definitely bought it based on the graphics, cause I didn't know much about boards then - like this I think: Snowboard Forum Craft 2007/2008 :: Snowboard and ski catalog SnowDB.com
Thanks for any advice/suggestions, this forum has already been a big help
Sorry this is so long!