Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton Antler (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51396-burton-antler.html)

olidonog 11-20-2012 02:52 PM

Burton Antler

Anyone had a ride on this yet? Really interested to know how well it holds that edge and how aggressive you can go. Burton say 'a playful Custom X'? Suppose they wouldn't lie eh!?

Lamps 11-20-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olidonog (Post 541587)
Anyone had a ride on this yet? Really interested to know how well it holds that edge and how aggressive you can go. Burton say 'a playful Custom X'? Suppose they wouldn't lie eh!?

Everything on the website is always true :D

I am curious to ride one however

JHeagz 11-20-2012 10:10 PM

Super flexible board...not sure I'd be comparing to the Custom X.

Alkasquawlik 11-20-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHeagz (Post 541777)
Super flexible board...not sure I'd be comparing to the Custom X.

Its a Custom X shape with a softer flex, so yes.... the Custom X does come up when comparing the board.

I definitely want to put some time on this this year.

OP, post this over on EasyLoungin you may get some better responses over there as there seems to be more industry people and people riding next years gear than SBF, and they may be able to answer whatever questions you have.

Nivek 11-21-2012 12:10 AM

Meh. Screw the Antler. Get a Custom Twin.

Zipnugget 11-26-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 541592)
Everything on the website is always true :D

I am curious to ride one however

I just bought one and put Genesis EST bindings on it and I'll be going out this Saturday. I'm riding a custom now so this will really interesting.

Lamps 11-26-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipnugget (Post 543541)
I just bought one and put Genesis EST bindings on it and I'll be going out this Saturday. I'm riding a custom now so this will really interesting.

Please post your conclusions, I think there are a number of us who are keen to know

olidonog 11-26-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipnugget (Post 543541)

Definitely keen to her how you get on Zipnugget.

Zipnugget 11-26-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 543568)
Please post your conclusions, I think there are a number of us who are keen to know

I'll write what I think for sure. It was really hard to find any info on the web because nobody has one of these. I was talking to the guy at the shop about how I ride to see what he recommended. I've been riding Burton stuff for my last couple of boards so I thought I'd try another company, but when I brought up the Antler the guy seemed genuinely excited. Him and other guys in the shop got to demo one and they loved it.

I think it might be the perfect board for me. I find myself fooling around on the hill way more than I find myself on something epic and crazy steep these days. I mainly ride at Sunshine Village and Lake Louise in Banff, AB. There is lots of fun terrain to play around on, and always a park to hit if I feel like it.

poutanen 11-26-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 541785)
Its a Custom X shape with a softer flex, so yes.... the Custom X does come up when comparing the board.

The Custom X is a directional camber board, the Antler is closer to a twin with a flying-V wet noodle profile. I don't get how they're similar? :dunno: