Opinions please - Raygun or Carbon Credit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Opinions please - Raygun or Carbon Credit

Hey guys, Ive done alot of research but would like some personal help if anybody has any to give. Ive been recommended from the local shop the gnu carbon credit or k2 raygun. Here is some info

East Coast rider so alot of hard pack and there can be ice. Does Magnetraction really work that well? Also read a few times about raygun not being great for those condiditions. Concerned about rockers on east coast but guy said theyll be fine

I want all mountain with a little more focus on general riding then park. I do spend a little time in park but mostly kickers, some jumps, and boxes. Nothing crazy. Concerned the CC is too focused on park cause I would prefer the board be stronger for speed and stability

I currently have a burton royale midwide 158. I thinking I should get a wide though cause I get some drag. Size 11 32s on burton missions. 6ft and 215lbs so I am thinking length like 159,160,161?

Im no expert but can ride just about any trail no problem but the real tough double blacks can give me some trouble but usually cause they are covered in ice it seems

I rather make sure the board is right rather then just price, but CC is 400, RG is 350, and I could get a year old RG for around 270 I think it was. Would like to keep it under 400

Which do you guys think fits me better? Or do you have some recommendations that might be better off for me? Thanks
gjetsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Raygun is just a better board. That is definitely the way I'd go.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Raygun for sure. If I'm not mistaken though, it's setback a little where the cc is a true twin. Looking at your options why not look at an 12 machete. You can find it on the bay for under 300 new
triumph.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Both are great boards, but between the two, I'd go for the Raygun. It's a solid deck, especially for the price you're paying. I sold a couple to customers last year, and most of them came back into the shop raving about how much fun the board was for them.

The only issue I would worry about would be K2's Flatline base technology, especially if the conditions are super icy. The Magnetraction on the CC would help you out there.

Either board will suit you fine. Check out the Capita NAS for other board models to look at.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

GNU CC was my first board and I love it, it can pretty much do everything. Mag works.

But if it's that much more expensive than the raygun, the GNU proooobably not worth it.

Last edited by phony_stark; 11-20-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Derp size 11 boots.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Raygun love the way that board rides so much fun and it's not a board you'll outgrow as you progress.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've never used either board, but I'm definitely a fan of K2. Go with the Raygun bro.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
GNU CC was my first board and I love it, it can pretty much do everything. Mag works.

But if it's that much more expensive than the raygun, the GNU proooobably not worth it.
THIS.

CC was my first board and rode extremely well on groomed/ice pack conditions. Magnetraction does live up to the hype.
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I find k2's flat rock and hyperproressive sidecut really slow to react. It gives a stable ride and landings, but isn't eager to initiate a turn. Great for lazy boarding and crusing around. Btx is the opposite, quick turning, and with magne and a constant radius sidecut it carves really nice. It requires more attention since it is responsive. Both retail for the same price so I guess the price difference depends on the deal you can find.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
I find k2's flat rock and hyperproressive sidecut really slow to react. It gives a stable ride and landings, but isn't eager to initiate a turn. Great for lazy boarding and crusing around. Btx is the opposite, quick turning, and with magne and a constant radius sidecut it carves really nice. It requires more attention since it is responsive. Both retail for the same price so I guess the price difference depends on the deal you can find.
Wait wait wait. You're telling me a progressive sidecut is less responsive than a radial one? You realize that's against basic physics?

A hyper progressive sidecut is more responsive than radial. If you can't get at it that's not my fault. Riding Mervin makes me lazy. Everything is done for you and they aren't terribly energetic. Sheet ice is the only place magne will out turn hyper progressive.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote