Lib Tech TRS...Which size for me? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 04:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungMartin View Post
also found this.

3:02 in this video

it's about the sb, but all their boards have the same banana tech.
No, they don't.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #22 (permalink)

Okay, latest developement:

It's becoming painfully obvious I'm a huge equipment noob, because I just now found out that Never Summer uses very similar camber/rocker style profiles for their boards.

So I've been reading reviews and whatching clips again, and so far it's looking like the NS SL is pretty much what I look for in a board. Good to have another option, though those NS boards are DAMN pricey is seems:s

Edit/update: I'm looking at all other brands that have boards with the same type of triple rocker profile (or whatever you call it). I might be wrong, but something tells me the rocker concept would be perfect for me if it had extra contact points, pop, and better edge hold than the average full rocker board. I'm also coming to terms with the fact that there's no way I can justify spending big bucks on a premium board like the lib techs and never summers, at least not if I don't find a 2011/2012 board somewhere, which is turns out impossible so far:s

So if you guys don't mind me changing the subject here, it'd save us all another 'which board' thread

What poor man's Libtech TRS or NS SL are there out there? Cheers.

Last edited by Thom; 11-24-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
No, they don't.
Yes they do you fucktard. They all have banana tech. I accidentally said same, but they all have banana tech.
KungMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Okay, latest developement:

It's becoming painfully obvious I'm a huge equipment noob, because I just now found out that Never Summer uses very similar camber/rocker style profiles for their boards.

So I've been reading reviews and whatching clips again, and so far it's looking like the NS SL is pretty much what I look for in a board. Good to have another option, though those NS boards are DAMN pricey is seems:s

Edit/update: I'm looking at all other brands that have boards with the same type of triple rocker profile (or whatever you call it). I might be wrong, but something tells me the rocker concept would be perfect for me if it had extra contact points, pop, and better edge hold than the average full rocker board. I'm also coming to terms with the fact that there's no way I can justify spending big bucks on a premium board like the lib techs and never summers, at least not if I don't find a 2011/2012 board somewhere, which is turns out impossible so far:s

So if you guys don't mind me changing the subject here, it'd save us all another 'which board' thread

What poor man's Libtech TRS or NS SL are there out there? Cheers.
Well the question is how much dough you have to spend.

I'd say a good slightly cheaper libtech alternative would be a Phoenix.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Well the question is how much dough you have to spend.

I'd say a good slightly cheaper libtech alternative would be a Phoenix.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check the prices and availability. I doubt the "directional twin" thing will be an issue, it's not like I ride switch half of the time or make big switch landings or anything, so I guess it'll do fine...Right??

A couple others I spotted:

Drake DF2: Haven't found too many reviews or tests yet.
Nitro Subzero Hotwing: Came across a couple really negative reviews of Nitro's 'gulwing' profile.
Forum Youngblood Doubledog: Seems to be more park oriented, not sure if it's perfect for hardpack/pow.
Smokin superparkForum Destroyer Doubledog.
Apo MTD: It's supposed to be an allmountain freestyle board, but it only gets a 5 and a 6 on Apo's own carving and powder scale.

They all happen to be available in 152/153cm on a webshop I found, last year's models, for about half of what a new libtech would cost me.

What's the general consensus about these brands and models? Anyone any experience with any of those? If it's not agains forum rules, I think I'm gonna make a new thread of this after all, I've sorta derailed...:s

Thanks.

Last edited by Thom; 11-24-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yes they do you fucktard. They all have banana tech. I accidentally said same, but they all have banana tech.
You just have no clue what you are talking about. That is like saying they all have a base - big fucking deal.

Last edited by hktrdr; 11-24-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

The irony. You don't even know why I mentioned the banana tech in the first place. GTFO.

Last edited by KungMartin; 11-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the tip
NP

Quote:
I doubt the "directional twin" thing will be an issue, it's not like I ride switch half of the time or make big switch landings or anything, so I guess it'll do fine...Right??
Absolutely not.

Here's the general info if you haven't already read it.

http://www.lib-tech.com/snowboards/j...hoenix-series/

Last edited by KungMartin; 11-24-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, I'll check the prices and availability. I doubt the "directional twin" thing will be an issue, it's not like I ride switch half of the time or make big switch landings or anything, so I guess it'll do fine...Right??

A couple others I spotted:

Drake DF2: Haven't found too many reviews or tests yet.
Nitro Subzero Hotwing: Came across a couple really negative reviews of Nitro's 'gulwing' profile.
Forum Youngblood Doubledog: Seems to be more park oriented, not sure if it's perfect for hardpack/pow.
Smokin superparkForum Destroyer Doubledog.
Apo MTD: It's supposed to be an allmountain freestyle board, but it only gets a 5 and a 6 on Apo's own carving and powder scale.

They all happen to be available in 152/153cm on a webshop I found, last year's models, for about half of what a new libtech would cost me.

What's the general consensus about these brands and models? Anyone any experience with any of those? If it's not agains forum rules, I think I'm gonna make a new thread of this after all, I've sorta derailed...:s

Thanks.
Superpark - see my post in your other thread.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #30 (permalink)

Hi there,
I am 5'4" and 124lbs
there's a chance of buying this snowboard of Lib Tech TRS Narrow 148 .
Will it be ok for backcountry riding?
many thanks
Seykh is offline   Reply With Quote