Help me pick a NeverSummer board! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
I would consider the cobra, but the snake graphic, I do not like it

The limited edition proto is badass, I am leaning towards that
seriously? I hope you are joking... only fools choose equipment based on looks. Just get a cobra and cover it in stickers.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
seriously? I hope you are joking... only fools choose equipment based on looks. Just get a cobra and cover it in stickers.
I know its bad of me..

anyway, explain the cobra to me neversummer's site shows it as more of an all mountain board...wouldnt I want the heritage before the cobra?
milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Um, nothing wrong with buying something you like the look of! Just don't compromise elsewhere to do it.

For the riding you describe Proto or SL do seem like the best choices.

The heritage is going to be quite stiff if you're in the park 25% of the time. The Cobra is(I think) not quite as stiff as the Heritage but has some directional shaping which gives it more forwards float in pow at the slight expense of switch capability.

What's you're reason for needing the 'carbonium'? On this years proto is just looks like carbon weave embossed plastic. Might save a tiny bit of weight, other than that you wouldn't miss it.
Slush Puppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
I know its bad of me..

anyway, explain the cobra to me neversummer's site shows it as more of an all mountain board...wouldnt I want the heritage before the cobra?
Ok, so I have only ridden the Evo, Proto, and SL. I'm am told by the people at Never Summer (I called/emailed them) them that the Cobra is almost the same stiffness as the SL (slightly stiffer between the binding... which is good because I felt my SL was just a tiny bit too soft between the bindings for freeriding). The Cobra also has a different shaped nose/tail (more directional) to give it better float in powder, better performance through chunky snow than a directional twin like the SL.

The Heritage I'm is stiffer than the SL (based on the charts on their website), and much more damp than the SL.... but generally the same shape. I wonder if you are ready to handle the stiffer flex.

Since you only ride 25% park, that's why I think the Cobra would work for you as you aren't riding switch that much (less than 50% of the time) and the Cobra will be more playful.

It's really about matching what you like to do and your abilities with what each board is designed to do.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

I don't know how accurate this is but the guy at the shop I bought my Proto at said the Cobra is to the Proto as the Heritage is to the SL.... More like an all-mountain version of the Proto?
Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormier View Post
I don't know how accurate this is but the guy at the shop I bought my Proto at said the Cobra is to the Proto as the Heritage is to the SL.... More like an all-mountain version of the Proto?
Except for the fact that the Heritage is not more of an all-mountain stick than the SL. In fact, the SL is probably the most all-mountain board that NS has.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
The Rooster King

How is the heritage not an all mt board? Sl is one step above their softest park board and the f1, raptor, and summit are all more true freeriding/alpine boards than the heritage...
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
How is the heritage not an all mt board? Sl is one step above their softest park board and the f1, raptor, and summit are all more true freeriding/alpine boards than the heritage...
How many people would regularly take a Heritage to the park? Not many - or not nearly as many as would take an SL freeriding. Hence, SL is more of an all-mountain board than the Heritage. Now, I would still consider the Heritage pretty much an all-mountain board, but certainly less so than the SL.

Incidentally, FWIW NS only labels the Cobra, SL/Legacy, and Proto as all-mountain.

BTW, SL is 2 steps above the softest park board (Proto is 1 step up).
Old 11-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Rooster King

I own an sl and heritage in 155 and have rode the proto. The proto isn't really softer than the sl in practice - just far less damp.
The heritage, while stiffer than the sl is fine for park. It's not any good for presses but its better on jumps.
The heritage is a better 'all mt' board for me because it charges way harder than the sl. Way better for busting thru and over chop.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I own an sl and heritage in 155 and have rode the proto. The proto isn't really softer than the sl in practice - just far less damp.
Agree. But dampness is part of 'going up' the scale.

Quote:
The heritage, while stiffer than the sl is fine for park. It's not any good for presses but its better on jumps.
Mostly true, but most people would consider the SL to be the better park board. It might lose out a bit to the Heritage in the jump line, but is way better for jibbing.

Quote:
The heritage is a better 'all mt' board for me because it charges way harder than the sl. Way better for busting thru and over chop.
Most people would call that big mountain/freeriding. All-mountain includes that, as well as park, etc.
I prefer Heritage as well, but the SL is clearly more of an all-mountain board. On balance, the disadvantage the SL has in charging is smaller than the advantage it has in the park.