5 Free Boards - White Friday Super Stoker! - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #61 (permalink)

Thanks WiredSport! My brother will be thrilled. I'm not going to tell him until it arrives. He will be like Wha???
Fuelrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #62 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A picture of each happy winner with the gear would be cool too! Congrats winners! It's SNOWING!!
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #63 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelrush View Post
Thanks WiredSport! My brother will be thrilled. I'm not going to tell him until it arrives. He will be like Wha???
Same here! I'm scheming with my neighbours fiancee to get him bindings ASAP, then if I can just figure his stance I'll set it up for him and we'll give him the board in time for his wedding next month... I have a feeling the guy is going to be just a little excited!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Oh no, I trust people i meet, but anybody trusting someone over internet that he never meet before is just silly. Yes, we are honest and civilized people but there is a chance, anyways congratulations to winners and im sure they are going to love it. Besides i never expect to win anything, i never do.
Great idea and cudos to Wiredsport for being such a awesome place for snowboarder to shop and providing for community.
Believe it or not, this is my first time winning anything, let alone winning something for someone else. I have to admit, for a second or two I thought about getting the board for myself, but I used thier story so its thier prize. AND I just bought my very own setup from Wiredsport about 3 weeks ago, as a treat to myself for a long decade of job loss (auto industry), reschooling and finally landing in a place I like. I'm not well off, and I want more people to board with (my BF said get it for him but I even denied him lol) I'm a very good natured person at heart and would do anything for anyone, and I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Same here! I'm scheming with my neighbours fiancee to get him bindings ASAP, then if I can just figure his stance I'll set it up for him and we'll give him the board in time for his wedding next month... I have a feeling the guy is going to be just a little excited!
Man you are so totally going to make this guy's whole year!
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #65 (permalink)

Such an awesome idea sad i missed it. Happy holidays peeps! Winter is finally here
smokebelch109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

I've been following this thread since it started, great job guys!
StreetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #67 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wow this is so incredible... Tony probably won't even believe me when I say he won a snowboard until I give it to him, and then he will probably have that deer-in-the-headlights look that is slowly replaced by victorious grin of excitement =)

Thanks guys for making this an extra special holiday season for him.
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Not to worry guys, there will be more chances over the next few weeks. This is all part of our annual X-mas stoker effort. We have a some big ones that will be starting soon....
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #69 (permalink)

Default Its all good

Yep that was a fantastic opportunity to get someone a board who is deserving but may not justify spending the money on themselves. Thank you wiredsport. I ran 5k with The Big Hungarian this evening in our local park. I thought sure I could grab him one of the boards offered. He is a great person & I would love to have helped him out. Some stories do sound a bit far fetched. Anyone doubting should check the Sharon PA Herald obituaries for Thanksgiving Day... Frank Sr was 81
sixpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #70 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder View Post
Congrats to all the winners! For the dude that's worried about if the stories are true, serioulsy? C'mon man, you gotta be kidding me. Don't hate just because you didn't win. I personally know Triple8Sol so I can vouch for the authenticity of his story. Trust me, dude does not need to lie to win some gear for himself, he has plenty already. I suspect the rest of the folks are the same way. Learn to have a little faith in humanity, even if humanity isn't always deserving of it.
Plus I haven't owned a traditional cambered deck since 2006, and don't want to

Anyways, this is AWESOME news!!!!! My buddy "Mad Dog" is gonna be stooooked! I'm trying to drag him up to Baker this weekend, so with any luck this will be his last time riding a borrowed board! Now if this good karma rubs off and I win the Powerball lottery tonight (this time for myself) I'll be all set

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 11-28-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote