Dual/Breakboards? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The music is next level unreal. I feel like the end of a japanimie cartoon just ended and the hero WON!!

Also the dude in gray destroyed the yellow guy and the camera work gave me a seizure. That is all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not to bring back a dead thread, but some guys from sole were at my local place and I got to spend a day on em. Learning curve it huge, but now that I can cruise comfortably, it's incredible to be able to carve a moonwalk across a cruiser. Definitely a whole different deal. I did end up snaggin a pair :/

As far as "training" for riding, ill definitely agree. It's not necessarily improving your riding, but it opens a whole set of doors when you put your feet together again. Your much more aware of the vector you create with you effective edge, and likewise will naturally manipulate it better.

See the whole with open eyes, and tackle new out of the box, crazy things.

I might add, they look dangerous but the falls are very minor compared to riding, or skiing. You can't cross them, you can't contort your body in weird falls like a board. You can really only trip over them like a retard walking :/

They're the best for a last run cruiser type deal. Lots of new muscles being used.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Drunk with power...er beer.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Well props to you for trying them out and being willing to take the verbal abuse that's probably going to come your way now.

I'd like to try them. I doubt if I'd buy, if for no other reason than it'd be yet one more thing to take up my time.

Illegitimi non carborundum.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner View Post
Not to bring back a dead thread, but some guys from sole were at my local place and I got to spend a day on em. Learning curve it huge, but now that I can cruise comfortably, it's incredible to be able to carve a moonwalk across a cruiser. Definitely a whole different deal. I did end up snaggin a pair :/

As far as "training" for riding, ill definitely agree. It's not necessarily improving your riding, but it opens a whole set of doors when you put your feet together again. Your much more aware of the vector you create with you effective edge, and likewise will naturally manipulate it better.

See the whole with open eyes, and tackle new out of the box, crazy things.

I might add, they look dangerous but the falls are very minor compared to riding, or skiing. You can't cross them, you can't contort your body in weird falls like a board. You can really only trip over them like a retard walking :/

They're the best for a last run cruiser type deal. Lots of new muscles being used.
Most of the positive comments in the thread were sarcasm. Brace yourself for the heckling. I don't see how they arn't dangerous..unless doing the splits on a icy hill sounds safe to you.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nothing says "serious mountain equipment" like a demo on a freaking traverse.

Read about these things in the paper a couple of weeks ago and rolled my eyes. Now that I've seen the video, I fancy a good vomit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
You think that video was good check out this one, even better!

post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM

Those guys look retarded. Imagine getting kff the lift, doing a little moonwalk to a stop. doing a 10 yard dash from a dig on your toes and your off.

I'll have to post some videos for ultimate flamage
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liner View Post
Those guys look retarded. Imagine getting kff the lift, doing a little moonwalk to a stop. doing a 10 yard dash from a dig on your toes and your off.

I'll have to post some videos for ultimate flamage
So should I also picture Jean Claude Van Damme in a neon unitard doing the Electric Boogaloo too?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

let them be. more powder for everyone!!! I wonder if ski resorts would allow you to ride the lift on those.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
You think that video was good check out this one, even better!

LMAO! that was too funny. i liked the part where the second guy comes into the scene. the music makes it fucking hilarious
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 AM

as promised, heres some footy of myself that one of the guys from sole boards threw together. just shot vid in the morning then i went home and passed out haha. those things are so exhausting. There are some good tricks in there. Barrel roll/frontflip, cartwheel, grabs, spins, carves etc

I like to think I have some aspect of style on them and dont look like a complete tool.

Sole Breakboarding - YouTube!

regardless, flame on....

I will say again though, going back to a board after having you feet separate immediately opens the way you think about your lines, pressure in you feet and balance.

also i have no clue how to embed youtube links :/

Last edited by liner; 02-27-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode