Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   NS Evo Setup (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51482-ns-evo-setup.html)

The Braaap 11-23-2012 08:50 PM

NS Evo Setup
 
Hey guys,
I'm buying a new park board this season and made my mind up on the NS Evo. I weigh about 150lbs and 5'7. I'm thinking about going with the 150cm. I ride 90% park 10% freeride on Michigan slopes(dissapointing). For bindings I thinking about the Rome 390 Bosses (S/M size) I wear a 10.5 street shoe. Does this all seem about right before I dump all this money? Any input is appreciated!

hktrdr 11-23-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Braaap (Post 542730)
Hey guys,
I'm buying a new park board this season and made my mind up on the NS Evo. I weigh about 150lbs and 5'7. I'm thinking about going with the 150cm. I ride 90% park 10% freeride on Michigan slopes(dissapointing). For bindings I thinking about the Rome 390 Bosses (S/M size) I wear a 10.5 street shoe. Does this all seem about right before I dump all this money? Any input is appreciated!

You might have to go with the 154, given your foot size. Better try.

Also, with a 10.5 show size you are into L/XL territory for the Rome bindings.

Kpaulmert 11-24-2012 10:57 AM

I have the same stats as you, 150 5'7, but 9-10 shoe size. i picked up a 152 evo last year, with medium Forum Shaka bindings. Great combo as far as i'm concerned. On the 152 I don't think I would go with a large binding though. You'd be happy on a 152 or 154. It was a big improvement over my second hand, stiff as hell, heavy as hell, 158 cambered Morrow board.

The Braaap 11-24-2012 03:59 PM

Thanks for the input guys! My street shoe size is a 10.5 so doesnt that scale to like a 9.5 boot? I guess i just want to make sure that a S/M binding will fit right on a 150cm board and not have toe overhang. If I have to get the 152 I can but from what ive been reading the width is very very little difference. Thanks again for the input guys.

snowklinger 11-24-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Braaap (Post 542927)
Thanks for the input guys! My street shoe size is a 10.5 so doesnt that scale to like a 9.5 boot? I guess i just want to make sure that a S/M binding will fit right on a 150cm board and not have toe overhang. If I have to get the 152 I can but from what ive been reading the width is very very little difference. Thanks again for the input guys.

so you don't have boots yet? street size shoe means nothing. a properly fitted boot usually is a half to a size and a half smaller than your street shoes.

chances are you will end up in 9.5s, if you still end up at 10 or 10.5 maybe just look for shrinkage tech in the boot you buy.

get the '50! but the 52 is less than an inch longer also, not a dealbreaker i'd think.

Skinny Bam 11-24-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowklinger (Post 542937)
so you don't have boots yet? street size shoe means nothing. a properly fitted boot usually is a half to a size and a half smaller than your street shoes.

chances are you will end up in 9.5s, if you still end up at 10 or 10.5 maybe just look for shrinkage tech in the boot you buy.

get the '50! but the 52 is less than an inch longer also, not a dealbreaker i'd think.

This. I wear size 11's in normal shoes but my current boots are 9's and they fit perfect with super feet.

grafta 11-24-2012 05:28 PM

Mm, boot sizing down is not always the rule. I wear size 9 street shoes... and size 9 boots.

Sort ya boots out first dude!

Skinny Bam 11-24-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grafta (Post 542943)
Mm, boot sizing down is not always the rule. I wear size 9 street shoes... and size 9 boots.

Sort ya boots out first dude!

Ya I mean it depends on your body type and also the boot company. Like I said my current boots are Ride's size 9 but my previous pair were some DC's size 9.5 and they are too small for me now.

hktrdr 11-24-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Braaap (Post 542927)
Thanks for the input guys! My street shoe size is a 10.5 so doesnt that scale to like a 9.5 boot? I guess i just want to make sure that a S/M binding will fit right on a 150cm board and not have toe overhang. If I have to get the 152 I can but from what ive been reading the width is very very little difference. Thanks again for the input guys.

That is why I said 154 (which has a considerable jump in width). Your choice is really between the 150 and the 154 - no point getting the 152 at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2