NS Evo Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Evo Setup

Hey guys,
I'm buying a new park board this season and made my mind up on the NS Evo. I weigh about 150lbs and 5'7. I'm thinking about going with the 150cm. I ride 90% park 10% freeride on Michigan slopes(dissapointing). For bindings I thinking about the Rome 390 Bosses (S/M size) I wear a 10.5 street shoe. Does this all seem about right before I dump all this money? Any input is appreciated!
The Braaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Braaap View Post
Hey guys,
I'm buying a new park board this season and made my mind up on the NS Evo. I weigh about 150lbs and 5'7. I'm thinking about going with the 150cm. I ride 90% park 10% freeride on Michigan slopes(dissapointing). For bindings I thinking about the Rome 390 Bosses (S/M size) I wear a 10.5 street shoe. Does this all seem about right before I dump all this money? Any input is appreciated!
You might have to go with the 154, given your foot size. Better try.

Also, with a 10.5 show size you are into L/XL territory for the Rome bindings.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have the same stats as you, 150 5'7, but 9-10 shoe size. i picked up a 152 evo last year, with medium Forum Shaka bindings. Great combo as far as i'm concerned. On the 152 I don't think I would go with a large binding though. You'd be happy on a 152 or 154. It was a big improvement over my second hand, stiff as hell, heavy as hell, 158 cambered Morrow board.
Kpaulmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the input guys! My street shoe size is a 10.5 so doesnt that scale to like a 9.5 boot? I guess i just want to make sure that a S/M binding will fit right on a 150cm board and not have toe overhang. If I have to get the 152 I can but from what ive been reading the width is very very little difference. Thanks again for the input guys.
The Braaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Thanks for the input guys! My street shoe size is a 10.5 so doesnt that scale to like a 9.5 boot? I guess i just want to make sure that a S/M binding will fit right on a 150cm board and not have toe overhang. If I have to get the 152 I can but from what ive been reading the width is very very little difference. Thanks again for the input guys.
so you don't have boots yet? street size shoe means nothing. a properly fitted boot usually is a half to a size and a half smaller than your street shoes.

chances are you will end up in 9.5s, if you still end up at 10 or 10.5 maybe just look for shrinkage tech in the boot you buy.

get the '50! but the 52 is less than an inch longer also, not a dealbreaker i'd think.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
so you don't have boots yet? street size shoe means nothing. a properly fitted boot usually is a half to a size and a half smaller than your street shoes.

chances are you will end up in 9.5s, if you still end up at 10 or 10.5 maybe just look for shrinkage tech in the boot you buy.

get the '50! but the 52 is less than an inch longer also, not a dealbreaker i'd think.
This. I wear size 11's in normal shoes but my current boots are 9's and they fit perfect with super feet.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Mm, boot sizing down is not always the rule. I wear size 9 street shoes... and size 9 boots.

Sort ya boots out first dude!
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
Mm, boot sizing down is not always the rule. I wear size 9 street shoes... and size 9 boots.

Sort ya boots out first dude!
Ya I mean it depends on your body type and also the boot company. Like I said my current boots are Ride's size 9 but my previous pair were some DC's size 9.5 and they are too small for me now.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That is why I said 154 (which has a considerable jump in width). Your choice is really between the 150 and the 154 - no point getting the 152 at all.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ns evo park