Best affordable 'twin rocker' board? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

^Thanks A LOT

That kinda changes things. That's pretty far from the 'double rocker' profile I was after, there's hardly any real camber at all. Not particularly 'all mountain' or groomer/ice friendly, I'd imagine it's more to the loose/skaty side, right?

So it's back to the Smokin superpark and Forum destroyer doubledog...
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Adding the Gnu carbon credit to the list, thanks. Cheapest of the bunch, especially out of the ones with some sort of fancy technology

Found a webshop that has a 153 carbon credit for 252Euro, which to european standards -trust me- is a steal. I wasn't too sure at first when I read about the 'nearly flat camber' area on the outsides, but since the next best thing would easily cost me 150 more, I can't afford NOT to take this deal in serious consideration. I think it's supposed to be an entry level board though, right? Nothing wrong with that, but in all honesty, I don't consider myself a novice, and I plan on hanging on to this board for as long as possible...So it might make more sense not to be a cheapskate and to spend a little more on something that's supposed to be an advanced/expert board. What is it exactly that makes the carbon credit a beginners deck though? A lot of noob questions, I know. It's the first time I have to worry about this, I'm totally clueless when it comes to equipment.

Anyone know where I can find a drawing/pic/whatever that shows exactly what the profile of the Carbon copy looks like? Like which lib tech board has the same shape? Thanks.
As for it being ice friendly it comes with the Magnetraction which for lack of a better analogy acts as a serrated knife that cuts into the ice. The Carbon Credit is an "All Mountain" board no doubt about it. I am just getting back into boarding after a 13 year hiatus and have done a ton of research (things have changed soooooooo much). I am sure others will/can chime in as well.

My personal bias is to really look into the Carbon Credit. For the price point and all the tech you recevie it is hard to beat, hence why I picked up my 156 yesterday.

Last edited by JoeBuer; 11-24-2012 at 06:03 PM.
JoeBuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your best options for the money are that Destroyer (softer than the Youngblood when I rode them) or if you find a Flow Era. Both are great all mountain freestyle twins.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBuer View Post
My personal bias is to really look into the Carbon Credit. For the price point and all the tech you recevie it is hard to beat, hence why I picked up my 156 yesterday.
Like I said, with that tech and that price, it'd be stupid NOT to consider it. Good to get at least one solid recommendation

There's a lot of though competition out there though. The longer I'm googling, the more options I find for a poor man's Neversummer SL

Anyone out there ever riden a Drake DF2? It looks like someone got sick on it, but if horrible graphics were a huge concern, there wouldn't be much left of my list
Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
^Thanks A LOT

That kinda changes things. That's pretty far from the 'double rocker' profile I was after, there's hardly any real camber at all. Not particularly 'all mountain' or groomer/ice friendly, I'd imagine it's more to the loose/skaty side, right?

You're correct, it's definitely not the hybrid profile you had in mind. Still, the CC is a pretty solid all-mountain board that holds its own even on the hardpack and icier conditions. It's one that I find myself recommending all the time, mostly because it is a good combination of tech, affordability, and versatility.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Am I missing something with the Carbon Credit that everyone keeps saying it has a ton of tech for the price? Its center rocker with Magne... What else?

Flow Era is cheaper, more versatile rocker/camber, a very grippy 5 radial sidecut, rolled base between the feet, sintered base, and carbon in the tips.

A little more like the SL is the Drifter from Flow. $420 full retail for 2013 and has all the same tech hits as the Era but with a stiifer core profile and is directional twin.

Also, buy my things?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Nivek no you're probably not missing anything. I don't think it has a ton of tech and in fact it's basically they're bargain offering, but it's got enough to get the job done and the pricepoint makes it a good value for beginner/intermediate riders.

I'm gonna have to get on some Flows this season I see you keep recommending these two (Drifter, Era) and I think you (maybe someone else though) said in another thread that it's the most solid lineup in the industry.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Am I missing something with the Carbon Credit that everyone keeps saying it has a ton of tech for the price? Its center rocker with Magne... What else?

Flow Era is cheaper, more versatile rocker/camber, a very grippy 5 radial sidecut, rolled base between the feet, sintered base, and carbon in the tips.

A little more like the SL is the Drifter from Flow. $420 full retail for 2013 and has all the same tech hits as the Era but with a stiifer core profile and is directional twin.
Checked out the era, it's indeed as affordable as it gets.

Not so sure after seeing this though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeLMw5DsiCk

Srry, it wouldn't inbed for some odd reason.

Pretty stiff, very heavy. But than again, other reviews describe both the era and the drifter as not stiff at all
Either way, two great contenders at a VERY good price imo.

So would you guys say a Forum Destroyer of even a Smokin Superpark isn't worth the extra bones?

Last edited by Thom; 11-25-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Erm... although he listed a bunch of hybrids, the title of OP's post indicates he's looking for a rocker board so, pardon my oversight and/or confusion here.
Erm, pretty clear that by 'twin rocker' he meant hybrid camber, as opposed to a rockered twin board...

Quote:
^Thanks A LOT

hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Checked out the era, it's indeed as affordable as it gets.

Not so sure after seeing this though:

Flow Era Flex Test - Board Insiders - What is the stiffness of the Flow Era? - YouTube

Srry, it wouldn't inbed for some odd reason.

Pretty stiff, very heavy. But than again, other reviews describe both the era and the drifter as not stiff at all
Either way, two great contenders at a VERY good price imo.

So would you guys say a Forum Destroyer of even a Smokin Superpark isn't worth the extra bones?
Bahaha boardinsiders. The only reason to do flex tests on carpet is cause you're doing online board reviews to get free shit. And that is why board insiders exists. To get free shit. They nearly never give anything a bad review, their whole jib board series 2 years ago was completely worthless, and the videos of them riding are just sad. Case and point, I own a park rocker, I love it, I've recommended on I think twice. They gave it "shred cred" of like 92/100 or something.

The Era is a do everything in the park twin that is just as capable outside the park. If you ride in the park as much as out then its a quiver of one. If it's more of a 20% in the park the Drifter is a better option.

Also, buy my things?