Which Board?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which Board??

Hi Everyone,

First post and looking for a little advice. I am getting a new board for the next trip to the Alps and have been doing a lot of research but the difficulty is - I live in the Middle East! so speaking to 'experts' in the shops isnít going to happen (there are none) and even less chance of trying any out. I am a 42 year old 187 cm tall, 210 lbs and have been riding for 7 years, once a year, mainly ride on piste with family (all skiers) and would see myself as a good intermediate. No interest in hitting parks (broken back from years ago!) and little chance of any really good powder as only ride in Europe.
Looking for a good stable board that will allow me to act my age but still have fun on the groomers, stable at speed (yes us old farts still like a bit of adrenalin ). For the last 5 years I have been using a Burton Custom X. Have narrowed my current search (mainly via internet and these message boards) to TRS Stealth, NS Heritage, Legacy or Raptor. Money not really an issue but don't want to throw it away The problem I have is understanding all the new technology and what would suit me best - being in the desert it is a little tricky to get advice/try any out.
An idea of sizes would also help

Thanks for your help in advance
UAEBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned!

I'd go with a 58 or 60 heritage. The Legacy will be a little more playful, but for your purposes, I just like the heritage. Raptor is overkill especially without serious big mountain/deep pow needs. The NS's share most of the same tech basically tweaked a little here and there (not to say they are the same at all).
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks very much for the reply and advice really appreciated- good to know I am on the right track!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

Yea maybe at 210 more like '60 or '62, but I really don't think you need the '62 unless you are gaining weight. At 175 I'm pretty comfy on a couple different '54-'56s.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Custom X sounds like a good board choice for you. Were you unhappy w/ it, or just looking to try something new?
JHeagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeagz View Post
Custom X sounds like a good board choice for you. Were you unhappy w/ it, or just looking to try something new?
Hi - sorry for delay in replying but was out in the middle of nowhere without internet access I really liked the Custom X but just looking for a chaneg. I ahve also ahd it for 6 years and I know that technology has changed so there may be something better out there!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Yea maybe at 210 more like '60 or '62, but I really don't think you need the '62 unless you are gaining weight. At 175 I'm pretty comfy on a couple different '54-'56s.
Cheers Buddy - really appreciate your advice. Sorry for the delay but have not had internet access for a few days! I think I am going to go with the 60. Now let's just hope for a good dump of snow in the Alps