User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which Board??

Hi Everyone,

First post and looking for a little advice. I am getting a new board for the next trip to the Alps and have been doing a lot of research but the difficulty is - I live in the Middle East! so speaking to 'experts' in the shops isnít going to happen (there are none) and even less chance of trying any out. I am a 42 year old 187 cm tall, 210 lbs and have been riding for 7 years, once a year, mainly ride on piste with family (all skiers) and would see myself as a good intermediate. No interest in hitting parks (broken back from years ago!) and little chance of any really good powder as only ride in Europe.
Looking for a good stable board that will allow me to act my age but still have fun on the groomers, stable at speed (yes us old farts still like a bit of adrenalin ). For the last 5 years I have been using a Burton Custom X. Have narrowed my current search (mainly via internet and these message boards) to TRS Stealth, NS Heritage, Legacy or Raptor. Money not really an issue but don't want to throw it away The problem I have is understanding all the new technology and what would suit me best - being in the desert it is a little tricky to get advice/try any out.
An idea of sizes would also help

Thanks for your help in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Banned!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
I'd go with a 58 or 60 heritage. The Legacy will be a little more playful, but for your purposes, I just like the heritage. Raptor is overkill especially without serious big mountain/deep pow needs. The NS's share most of the same tech basically tweaked a little here and there (not to say they are the same at all).

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks very much for the reply and advice really appreciated- good to know I am on the right track!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Banned!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Yea maybe at 210 more like '60 or '62, but I really don't think you need the '62 unless you are gaining weight. At 175 I'm pretty comfy on a couple different '54-'56s.

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 AM

Custom X sounds like a good board choice for you. Were you unhappy w/ it, or just looking to try something new?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeagz View Post
Custom X sounds like a good board choice for you. Were you unhappy w/ it, or just looking to try something new?
Hi - sorry for delay in replying but was out in the middle of nowhere without internet access I really liked the Custom X but just looking for a chaneg. I ahve also ahd it for 6 years and I know that technology has changed so there may be something better out there!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Yea maybe at 210 more like '60 or '62, but I really don't think you need the '62 unless you are gaining weight. At 175 I'm pretty comfy on a couple different '54-'56s.
Cheers Buddy - really appreciate your advice. Sorry for the delay but have not had internet access for a few days! I think I am going to go with the 60. Now let's just hope for a good dump of snow in the Alps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode