First board help (BURTON) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question First board help (BURTON)

Hi, so this year I am going to buy a board for the first time. I normally just rent for a week or two every year and this year I got a job as a snowboard instructor in Colorado. I like Burton boards and I do so much stuff on the mountain I want a board that can do what I want it to do. I rode a wammy bar last year and really liked it, but i wast able to go to the back bowl cause of the lack of snow when I went up so other than in the trees i didnt get much pow. I spend aprox. 30% of my time in trees 20% in the back bowls if I can and then 20% on jumps and 15% on rails and the rest just messing around free styling down the mountain.

I am 6foot 2 and some change and weight around 160 pounds and rode a 155 wammy bar last year

I read the process might also be a good board as well as the shaun white pro board.

Would it almost be better to look into getting two boards since i do so much stuff on the mountain?

If i got a wammy bar could i make it more versatile with a stiffer binding/boot. I also really like the graphic ( i know its not important for the ride but i like to look good)

Ive been riding all my life just never had to worry about there details before. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
CrZyCoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Check out the Sherlock. It seems to be a great board too. It has more control than the others you mentioned, especially the Whammy Bar. I have a Joystick, which I love. It's a little more playful than the Sherlock, but more controlling than the Whammy Bar.
KnoxBoarderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

No offence or anything but how did you end up getting a job as an instructor if you've never owned a board? 1 week a year is not a lot of riding experience. (not bashing in anyway i swear, just curious)

You don't need 2 boards unless you dedicate days to riding one thing(park, pow, etc). If its burton you're after you can always go with the Custom/custom v rocker which is a multi tasker. I spent the last 2 years on a Custom v rocker and have no complaints. The only thing i hate about the new burtons is the Channel set up which means you can not use the bindings on any other board.
stunt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt66 View Post
No offence or anything but how did you end up getting a job as an instructor if you've never owned a board? 1 week a year is not a lot of riding experience. (not bashing in anyway i swear, just curious)

You don't need 2 boards unless you dedicate days to riding one thing(park, pow, etc). If its burton you're after you can always go with the Custom/custom v rocker which is a multi tasker. I spent the last 2 years on a Custom v rocker and have no complaints. The only thing i hate about the new burtons is the Channel set up which means you can not use the bindings on any other board.
Ive been snowboarding for over 10 years and im from florida so I cant just go when I want to. I wakeboard and surf a lot, as well as have good qualifications working with kids. I normally go 2 weeks a year and seem to keep up with my friends who have been on skiteams and been ski/snowboard instructors.

Thanks for the help!
CrZyCoX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burton, colorado, colorado snowboards, first board, wammy bar