Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   GNU Carbon Credit (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51564-gnu-carbon-credit.html)

nebula 11-26-2012 11:40 AM

GNU Carbon Credit

Heia, I have use to ride 154cm board with my 83kg and 176cm build. Now I want something more buttery and reverse camber board. After hours and hours of research Im pretty sure I want GNU carbon series BTX board. But they only have 153 and 156 long boards..argh, so which one would be better? Shorter as I understand are much more playful but is it too short for POW? Is it much harder to butter with 156 then 153?

All the best,
Your newbie!

david_z 11-26-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebula (Post 543556)
Heia, I have use to ride 154cm board with my 83kg and 176cm build. Now I want something more buttery and reverse camber board. After hours and hours of research Im pretty sure I want GNU carbon series BTX board. But they only have 153 and 156 long boards..argh, so which one would be better? Shorter as I understand are much more playful but is it too short for POW? Is it much harder to butter with 156 then 153?

All the best,
Your newbie!

let me do the conversions here since I'm not fluent in metric :)

~183 lbs and 5' 9" tall.

I think you'll be fine on the 156. You're a bit outside the suggested weight range for the 153. Check out Leo's portion of the review here, he is about your size.

Just to clarify the CC is not a super playful/buttery board, it's an all mountain board, but the banana rocker does give it a good amount of playfulness, so if you are looking for an affordable board that will do a little bit of everything from park to pow, the CC is not a bad choice.

phony_stark 11-26-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebula (Post 543556)

All the best,
Your newbie!

I have a GNU 153 and you have about 20lbs on me. If I were you, I'd would get the 156.

I'm still able to butter a 156 board for what it's worth.

Dave's right, it's actually a bit stiffer than I thought it was going to be, but it's not necessarily a bad thing since you can take it all over the place and still have enough to fuck around. It almost MADE me pop into presses to get the desired effect.

Weipim 11-26-2012 02:46 PM

Have you consider a riders choice 154.5?

I am 80kg 6ft and its my fav board so far. My other twos are ns heritage 161.5 and capita sierrascope 156