Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton Est Setup (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51570-burton-est-setup.html)

cd21 11-26-2012 04:00 PM

Burton Est Setup

Hey guys this is my first post so here it goes! (Please no Burton hate on here)
So over the last few month I've been looking at new boards to get. I've been boarding for about eight years now and I'm at the intermediate/advanced level. It finally came down to the K2 Happy Hour and the Burton Flying V. I choose to get the FV because I wanted to try the Channel and the Est system. I will be getting it shortly and was wondering, what would be a good beginning stance on it(ex. 15,-15) for mostly freeriding. From what I understand you can change the binding by increments as small as .5 degrees, opposed to the traditional larger increments. Any advice would be appreciated Height:5'10" Weight: 170 lb

Lamps 11-26-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd21 (Post 543666)
Hey guys this is my first post so here it goes! (Please no Burton hate on here)
So over the last few month I've been looking at new boards to get. I've been boarding for about eight years now and I'm at the intermediate/advanced level. It finally came down to the K2 Happy Hour and the Burton Flying V. I choose to get the FV because I wanted to try the Channel and the Est system. I will be getting it shortly and was wondering, what would be a good beginning stance on it(ex. 15,-15) for mostly freeriding. From what I understand you can change the binding by increments as small as .5 degrees, opposed to the traditional larger increments. Any advice would be appreciated Height:5'10" Weight: 170 lb

I'd start by replicating your current stance on the new board, and then tweak it a little if you feel like you've been limited by the adustability of the old system.

cd21 11-26-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 543669)
I'd start by replicating your current stance on the new board, and then tweak it a little if you feel like you've been limited by the adustability of the old system.

Thanks, it will probably take alot to get used to the feel of the board due to the differences to my old board. I was thinking +21 and +10...maybe tweak it on the mountain if i'm feeling like doing any park? :dunno:

Clayton Bigsby 11-26-2012 05:17 PM

To each their own, just tweak it on the hill. Your stance is very close to Terje's, he rides a +21 and +9, this is a guy that had the fastest time at the BAKER Banked slalom (forgot the year), then followed that up with the second fastest time, while riding switch.

I ride all mtn and my stance is +17 and 0 w/EST cantbeds

cd21 11-26-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby (Post 543704)
To each their own, just tweak it on the hill. Your stance is very close to Terje's, he rides a +21 and +9, this is a guy that had the fastest time at the BAKER Banked slalom (forgot the year), then followed that up with the second fastest time, while riding switch.

I ride all mtn and my stance is +17 and 0 w/EST cantbeds

Dude Terje is so awesome, he has a sweet helmet too :) Sweet Protection | Helmets