Experienced Rider Changing it up. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Experienced Rider Changing it up.

I've been riding for about 7 years now. Spent last winter working at a resort got lots of days in. I live on the East Coast of Canada where the majority of snow on the hills is man-made. I am moving to Calgary this winter and plan on riding some real mountains while in the West.

Basically my question is what board should I take a look at for all mountain riding and something I can shred in the terrain park.

My current set up:

-2012 Burton Blunt
-2012 Burton Cartel Bindings

The board I was looking at was the 2012 Lib Tech Skate Banana. Just wondering what other boards are out there in the 300-500 range for some Western Canada shredding.

Thanks.
PJDAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

We get a fair helping of powder here, and the powder we get is usually pretty light. Also there are some ice days but not nearly as often as I experienced growing up in Ontario.

If you're into big lines I'd get a longer board than you'd typically ride for out here. The hills are wide open, and the powder gets deep. The biggest difference I saw with the transition is the hills are more rugged, less manicured. I had to tone down my riding style a bit for the first month or so out here, gotta feel your way down a run before really letting loose.

The Prior AMF (all mountain freestyle) is a true twin if that's your thing, a little camber underfoot with lifted tips for powder float. Should be a good all around board for rocky mountain fun! lol

All Mountain Freestyle Snowboard Model From Prior Snowboards | Buy Snowboards Online | Whistler Canada

I also think the Volkl Vice SQD could fit your needs too if you're looking to stay in the twin tip, flat/rocker type boards. Völkl International | Snowboards | *Vice SQD

I personally like camber and lots of it, even for powder, but I've been riding camber for 21 years now so I'm biased. It certainly is tougher on the legs in the powder, but I'm there to work out not look at the scenery...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely look into some of their products!
PJDAT is offline   Reply With Quote