Burton Cartel Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
cyokom

Default Burton Cartel Bindings

I am size 11 SHOE. Don't know what size I am in a boot yet. Is there enough play with a size L cartel to adjust if I am a size 10 or even 9.5 boot?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
apv211

Is there any possible way to wait until you get your boots to buy the bindings, or are they used and you only have one option type of thing? If possible I would wait to see what size boot you wear, but the L cartel's are made for size 10+ so you should be fine. You can always ask for some large cartel's while you're buying your boots and try whatever size fits right in the L cartels.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

I am not sure about the size of the binding, but it is highly unlikely that if you wear a size 11 shoe that the boot is going to be a 9.5 or even a 10. I wear size 10.5 to 11 shoe and I wear size 11 boots.

I could be incorrect here but, i think the smaller binding is for 9.5 and below and the larger one is for 10 and above. Maybe someone else can verify this.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
fainerbainer

A lot of it depends on the boot you get. I HIGHLY doubt you will wear anything under a 10.5 with a shoe size of 11. I have 10.5 boots with Cartels and they work out well. I have them on the MEDIUM settings for the cartels so it would probably drop down a size or two on boots. I'd first try a local shop but you should be fine with L cartels and 10 boot. I doubt you'll wear a 10 but go to a place and try on boots!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

It depends on how you wear your shoes. I wear my shoes loose (usually size 13), just cause I find the extra room more comfortable, but i'm actually a size 12, and wear a size 12 boot.

Burton large bindings fit burton boots sizes 9-13 or so. assuming the boots you get are no smaller than the average burton size 9, you should be fine.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gustov

like everyone else has said, if your a size 11 shoe, your boot should be that much different. i think bindings have a little bit of play in their sizing. i actually fit my size 12 salomon boots into large ride binding, but their sizing recommendations on the bindings say that i should have xl bindings.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
cyokom

Thanks for all the replys. The reason I am asking is that I won these binding a couple weeks ago. I have never snowboarded, but always wanted to. So, I looked at the sizing and picked the Large (10+) based on my shoe size. Later, I found out that boot size can be a size or 2 small than my shoe size, so I started to panic a bit.

Looks to be a none issue. Thanks again for the info. I am going look for boots this weekend and will probably take my bindings with me to make sure they work together.